Overall sales in Cherokee County for 2008 are going to come in lower than the 2007 market, which was also down from 2006.
What this means to sellers is that choosing an agent becomes even more critical. In 2005, many opportunists entered real estate, thinking it was easy, but now many of those agents are leaving the business. Real estate is more than order taking! It takes experience & negotiation skills, extensive marketing, and thorough follow up. The rate of deals falling through is greater than ever before, so experience in holding a sale together is also critical.
Be sure to ask these 5 basic questions before hiring an agent:
(1) Are you a Full Time experienced agent and available daytime and evenings, including weekends to handle inquiries from both buyers and other agents regarding my home?
(2) Do you have a strong presence on the internet since 80% of buyers look for homes on the internet, and do you get email inquiries on your phone so buyers and other agents get help ASAP when interested in your listings?
(3) Do you continue to market in print even in this tough economy, including color flyers, magazines and newspapers?
(4) How do you tap the relocation market, which feeds some of the best buyers to the north metro Atlanta market?
(5) What kind of RESULTS and TRACK RECORD show your capabilities?
Check out my marketing plan on my website, www.beckysrealestate.com. As the #1 resale agent in Cherokee County the last two years, plus the #1 agent in sales in both Lake Arrowhead and Bradshaw Farm, I know what it takes in this tough market to get attention and showings for my listings, which ultimately results in sales!