Buchanan County Agri-Business Expo Center~Proposed
Buchanan County is proposing to showcase our agricultural heritage. The facility would sit on 43 Acres in Buchanan County at the intersection of I-29 and Highway 169 North.
The facility would provide a venue to display and educate the public on past, present and future agricultural activities. The center would be one structure that would include several components.
Total square footage would be 249,400 under one roof.
(1) The Expo Center would include a Expo floor, class rooms, lobbies, offices and kitchen, with a combined space of 52,000 square feet.
(2) The Arena would have a total of 93,600 square feet that would include Arena Floor and seating.
(3) Stalls and warm-up area with 648 stalls, plus Locker rooms, restrooms and wash racks.
(4) University of Missouri Extension Center would have a office and meeting area also.
Additional features proposed would include;
(1) R.V. park that would have approximately 140 spaces designed into an existing wooded area.
(2) A convenience store that would include shower, laundry facilities to serve the R.V. campers.
(3) An area dedicated for parking for trucks and trailers.
Buchanan County is also working with the State Emergency Management Department to designate this facility as a "Safe Room" which could be a location that people could go to in case of an emergency (tornado)
Possible uses for the following types of activities could include:
- Horse shows
- Equestrian clinics
- Saddle Clubs
- Beef, pork, poultry and dairy shows
- Farm equipment shows
- FFA activities and 4-H activities
- Rodeos, Circuses, agricultural auctions and swap meets
- Lawn and garden, sportsman shows, tractor pulls, BBQ contests, plus many other projected uses.
also see another recent update in St Joseph