It's time to start thinking about your Christmas tree - as in, what to do with it now.
The following list are drop off locations for your Christmas tree. You can also pick up free mulch at most of these location. Be green and recycle. Every tree donated to the Grinding of the Greens diverts an average of 20 pounds of waste from landfills.
This years Drop off Locations......
• City of Columbia Compost Facility, 121 Humane Lane, off Shop Road. Open 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. weekdays.
• Clemson Institute for Economic and Community Development, Clemson Road across from the entrance to First Citizens and Regent banks at the Village at Sandhill. Do not leave trees at the main Clemson Road entrance.
• Columbia Place Mall, 7201 Two Notch Road, Columbia, in the parking lot behind Steve & Barry's.
• Crooked Creek Park, 1098 Old Lexington Highway, Chapin. (Next to Chapin Middle School.) Open 7:30 a.m.-11 p.m. daily.
• Fort Jackson Recycling Center, Building No. 6568 on Lee Road, Fort Jackson. (Enter the fort through gate 2 on Forest Drive. After Burger King, turn left onto Lee Road.)
• Hollow Creek Tree Farm, 228 Windmill Road, Gilbert
• Richland County C&D Landfill, 1070 Caughman Road North (off Monticello Road). Open 8 a.m.- 6:30 p.m. weekdays; 12:30-5:30 p.m. Saturdays.
• Saxe Gotha Presbyterian Church, 5508 Sunset Blvd. (U.S. 378), Lexington
• Seven Oaks Park, 200 Leisure Lane, Columbia (near the intersection of St. Andrews and Piney Grove roads)