Image by lu2shoot via Flickr
I spent the majority of the day outside working in the yard and cleaning up the garage. With winter just around the corner, we must utilize these final nice-weather days while they last. Preparing your yard now will make it much easier to work around during the winter and will significantly reduce the amount of yard work that you will have to deal with during the spring thaw.
This is also the perfect time to clean out the garage and make room for the cars. Chances are you have some extra stuff that you no longer need. With the holiday's approaching, the homeless shelters can certainly use some extra supplies. Take your unused items to your local shelter and not only will you feel like you've accomplished something, you will feel good inside for giving back to the community.
Here are some tips for preparing your yard this fall:
- Mow your yard one last time to pick up any remaining leaves.
- Roll up and detach all hoses to prevent pipe freezing.
- Stack chairs and pile outside furniture up to make patio shoveling this winter less cumbersome.
- Prepare your garden for next year by raking up any leftover plants and vegetables.
- If you own a trampoline, take it down during the winter to reduce wear and tear.
- Ensure that the sprinkling system valve is closed with the controller turned off.
- Cover up the swamp cooler or central air unit for winter protection.
After your done preparing the yard... It's time to start planning for Christmas lights!
Provided by Jared Wangsgard - Utah Real Estate Pro
Visit my site previewutah.com