- District 206 serves over 27,000 residents and approximately 4,000 students in all or parts of the cities of Alexandria, Carlos, Forada, Garfield, Miltona, Nelson and the townships of Alexandria, Belle River, Carlos, Holmes City, Hudson, Ida, LaGrand, Lake Mary, Leaf Valley, Miltona, Moe, Osakis, Reno and Spruce Hill.
- A $40 million budget.
- Approximately 44% of District 206 teachers have earned an advanced degree (masters, Ph.D., National Board Certification, etc.)
- District 206 students surpassed state averages at all grade levels (3-8, 10 & 11) in reading and math Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment Series II (MCA-II) tests. (November 2006 data).
- Alexandria's average test scores in grade levels 3-8, 10 & 11 are consistently in the top three amongst other target ten regional center schools.
- 98.79% of students graduated in 4 years.
- Attendance rates ranged from 94 to 97% in all schools.
- In the area of proficiency, students exceeded the state targets in over 96% of the areas.
- Extracurricular programs are offered at all levels, including choir, band, and other fine arts, academic and athletic teams. More than 75% of Discovery Middle School and 65% of Jefferson High School students participate in extracurricular activities.
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!