Before you make a major purchase you do research... don't you? You look on line? Do you get more than one bid to get your house painted? Do you ask questions?
It has long been a standard practice for seller to "interview me" as their listing agent. I sometimes know I'm in competition and I don't mind at all.
Sellers have gotten educated and ask all kinds of important questions like:
- Where do you advertise?
- What kind of internet presence do you have?
- What search terms will my listing come up under?
- What is your commission?
- Will I get feedback from showings?
Now that it is common practice for agents in Georgia to also represent buyers, if you are a buyer you may need to ask some questions before you choose an agent as well. I'd be more than happy to let you "interview" me for I show you property. After all, I'll be asking you lots of questions.
So putting myself in your shoes... if I were to be looking for property in another area what would I ask my potential agent before I decided to work with them? So buyers if you are looking to make a purchase of property don't just pick the first agent/broker, choose the right one. Ask Questions:
- How long have you and your firm been in business?
- How long have you lived in this area?
- When can you be available to show me property?
- Will you keep me aware of new listings on the market that might fit my needs and desires?
- Do you have lenders to recommend to me?
- Do you have closing attorneys to recommend to me?
- Are you going to show me everything in my price range or just listings from your company?
- Do you have information about the local schools both public and private?
- Can you give me information about local health care, hospitals and physicians?
- Will you provide me with a CMA on a property I might be interested in prior to making an offer?
- Can I get a home warranty on my purchase?
- Will you be able to recommend local people for any work needed on my home after the purchase?
- Where are the good places to eat?
- Do you have information on local churches?
- What does your community have to offer for entertainment?
- (see comments below- Another agent reminded me of a very important questions I left off my list) Are you a full-time agent?
Look for my answers to these questions in part II
Tammy Lankford, Broker/Owner
Call me today for all your Lake Sinclair real estate needs.