There are a few little things that you can do to easily make your home "show ready". Here are some quick & easy things to do:
- Put away medications. You don't want people to see what kinds of meds you're on, and believe me, if they're out, people look.
- Throw dirty clothes, towels, etc into a hamper. It will only take a few minutes and it will make the room look so much better. If you don't have a hamper, you can put them in a plastic bag, laundry basket or whatever & put them in the garage, a closet or the laundry room.
- Light a candle or two. Not only will that give ambiance, but it can cover any smells that you might be used to, but others may not.
- Secure the pets. While you may love Fluffy or Sparky, the person visiting may not. If at all possible remove them from the property, but if not, at least kennel or crate them during the showing time. Most showings last 30-45 minutes at the most, so it won't be too long for them to be confined.
- Pick up toys. Not only will that make the rooms seem larger, but it can keep someone from tripping over something & injuring themselves while they're in your house.
These are just a couple little things, but if you do them, they can help your home sell quicker because it's more pleasing to the eye, and it can help the buyers visualize the home as their own.
Best wishes in getting your home sold!