Newberg Police Dept. offers the following safety tips:
RETURNING TO YOUR VEHICLE:
1. Have your eyes out before entering the parking area and be ready to unlock your door.
2. Be aware of your surroundings as you walk toward your vehicle; glance underneath it.
3. Take a quick look inside your vehicle (front and back) before entering.
WHAT IF YOU ARE APPROACHED OR ATTACKED?
2. SCREAM FOR HELP
3. ACTIVATE A CAR/PERSONAL ALARM OR WHISTLE.
YOUR WALLET OR PURSE IS STOLEN;
1. Report it to your bank and credit card companies IMMEDIATELY! Most thieves will use your credit cards and checks within the first few hours of a theft.