A week or so ago, I posted information on the Hillsborough River State Park which is located just to the south of Zephyrhills, Florida. But it is not the only recreation area that is within close proximity to us.
Our Pasco County Department of Parks and Recreation also maintains a large network of recreational areas for all of us to enjoy. On the eastern side of Interstate 75 where Zephyrhills, San Antonio, Dade City, Richland, St. Leo, and Lacoochee are located there are 9 of these facilities.
- Hercules Aquatic Center at 38110 County Road 54 & US 301, Zephyrhills - 813-782-8215
- Samuel W. Pasco Recreation Complex at 39835 Chancey Road, Zephyrhills - 813-788-6900
- Withlacoochee River Park at 12449 Withlacoochee Blvd, Dade City - 352-567-0264
- John S. Burks Memorial Park at 13220 Gene Nelson Blvd, Dade City - 352-521-4252
- James Irvan Civic Center at 38122 Martin Luther King Blvd, Dade City - 352-521-4166
- Wesley Chapel District Park at 7727 Boyette Road, Wesley Chapel - 813-907-9081
- Trilby Park, 37045 Polite Avenue, Trilby
- Stanley Park at 38724 Mudcat Grant Boulevard, Lacoochee - 352-583-2507
- San Antonio Athletic Complex at 12750 Oak Stree, San Antonio - 352-588-3311
Each park has different characteristics and facilities. These range from ballfields to hiking trails to picnic areas to playgrounds. And more! To see ALL of the county's parks and a chart of the things each one has to offer, click on the following link: Download CountyParks+Location+Amenities
You can also visit the county's Parks and Recreation website at: http://portal.pascocountyfl.net/portal/server.pt/community/parks_and_recreation/248/home
Why not take advantage of what Pasco County has to offer? Mother Nature gives us great weather. Get out there and enjoy it to its fullest in our county and state parks!