10 Ways to Improve Productivity Practically Overnight
Want 10 simple ways to improve productivity in your company? Here's 10 in 10:
1. Acknowledge what people do right instead of pointing to what they do wrong.
2. Measure what matters and forget most of the rest.
3. Celebrate people's breakthroughs, successes and triumphs.
4. Create an open door policy that actually has an open door.
5. Illustrate, in a public way if possible, how everyone is part of the team - CEO included!
6. Say what you mean and do what you say.
7. Ask for suggestions from every level of the company for ways to improve productivity - you may be surprised at what you get.
8. Do something outrageous (and fun).
9. Review your team's positions and ensure each position is filled with the appropriate player.
10. Come to work excited for a month (try it and see what happens!). Do you have ideas that have worked in your company? Share them here!
Tom Ziglar www.zigziglar.com is where I got this piece from!
As I was reading the top 10 ways to improve productivity...these things hit home with me and I thought I was share this with you guys here and brainstorm on this matter here or you can go look at zig's blogs and do it there! IMO #1 is very rarely carried out...usually all people do is look at whats wrong, I always try to avoid that, because the goal is improve what a person is strong at and usually the weak parts will grow too.
don't be shy...let's brainstorm on this subject!