· To qualify for free VITA tax help, your 2007 income must be less than $42,000 for an individual.
· No appointments necessary -- unless stated. Customers will be served on a first come, first served basis.
· Volunteers are trained to prepare only basic 2007 Forms 1040EZ, 1040A or 1040 with Sch. A, B and California State Income Tax Returns only!
· Federal and State returns will be prepared at all sites. V.I.T.A. sites will NOT prepare State-only returns.
• You must bring the following income tax information:
- Photo identification for the taxpayer
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Social Security Cards for any person on the tax return
- Birth dates for any person on the tax return
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit
- Other relevant information about income and expenses
- Total amount paid for day care
- Day care provider's identifying number
- Current year's tax booklets received in the mail
- A copy of last year's Federal and State returns if available
- NOTE: To e-file taxes on a married joint tax return, both spouses must be present