Well Contamination in Lebanon Oregon

Real Estate Agent with Tomson Burnham, llc Licensed in the State of Oregon

I don't serve the Lebanon Oregon area, but that county does lie next to Marion county. I wanted to get the word out about well contamination that has been occurring in that area.

The chemicals tetrachloroethylene (PCE) and trichloroethylele (TCE) are in the groundwater in some parts of Lebanon. This is not an issue for people that use city water.

well contamination in Lebanon OregonSo...if you are looking to move into Lebanon Oregon and plan to purchase a home that has a well, you need to check the well for these chemical solvents. 

Oregon law requires that wells be tested for nitrates and coliform during a real estate transaction, but it can test "clean" for these and still have the chemicals in it.

So...buyers if you have any questions about PCE or TCE, you can call the DEQ at 1-800-844-8467 X 7349 for more information.

Posted by

Chat with me

Salem Oregon Real Estate Professionals Tomson Burnham

Salem Oregon Real Estate Professionals Tomson Burnham

Salem Oregon Real Estate Agent Melina TomsonSalem Oregon real estate agent on twitterSalem Oregon real estate videos on youtube


The content of this blog is copyrighted so don't touch, reprint, republish, paraphrase, etc. That means if you want to cut and paste this article, even with attribution, you need my permission.  My email address is right up there.  No need to steal content without asking.  Just remember that I'm not a morning person, so best to ask me mid-afternoon or evening if you want to use my content.

Comments (1)

Jim Allhiser
Perfection Inspection, Inc. - Salem, OR
Salem, Oregon Home Inspector

Oh MY GOODNESS,  That is one that I haven't heard of.  I will keep this one on file. Thanks.

Jan 17, 2009 08:36 AM