Dear Coral Heights Neighbors:
There has been a positive response to our call for action from neighbors identifying problematic vacant and foreclosure properties in our neighborhood. Thanks to COPHA for publishing the letter regarding foreclosures and how they impact not only the values of our property, but also our safety and welfare. As a result of that article neighbors are stepping forward to identify vacant, foreclosed properties and properties that present potential safety issues.
Neighbors have been focused on properties with
•· Major code violations and/or
•· Vagrants living there instead of tenants or owners.
Don Kas, Code Enforcement, Oakland Park has done an outstanding job in helping coordinate these review activities. Don is concerned about our community and he's demonstrated his professionalism and commitment to keeping us safe.
The properties that were identified and where actions have been taken include the following:
- 3451 NE 20th Avenue -- Foreclosure - squatters thrown out thanks to the help of concerned neighbors; ongoing fines in excess of $32,000 are accruing on this property.
- 3627 NE 20th Avenue - Foreclosure -final eviction notice posted on 12/17/08; thanks to our neighbors who reported this property on December 23, 2008.
- 3324 NE 19th Avenue - Foreclosure - Allegedly given to Realtor for listing sometime in January, 2009; not listed on MLS yet. This is the graffiti house.
- 1899 NE 32nd Street - 4-plex - previous Foreclosure, closed on 9/10/2008 for $130,000. Will be owner resident. Welcome to the neighborhood!
- 3450 NE 19th Avenue - owned by out of state investor trust - vacant but not foreclosed on, letter sent to ask for help in maintaining the appearance of the house to mitigate our foreclosure, vagrant, drug use problems.
- 3488 NE 19th Avenue - Foreclosed on September 23, 2008; Attorney handling foreclosure has been notified of continuing code violations.
- 1771 NE 35th Street - Foreclosure - this property was sold to the bank on 12/17/08. Several pending code violations are being reviewed.
Thank you to all who have responded to the request to help in identify vacant and foreclosed properties in our neighborhood. Together we have shown we can effectively respond to issues relating to the foreclosure crisis.
Our work needs to continue, so I encourage you to continue to review properties in our area. If you need any help, please call me. I want to remain your neighborhood realtor who continues to support the safety of our neighborhood.
In closing, several neighbors called to ask about sales in our area. Here is some of the most recent data:
- 3411 NE 19th Avenue - Sold for $185,000
- 1708 NE 47th Street - Sold for $247,500
- 3451 NE 15th Avenue - Sold for $72,600
- 1868 NE 33rd Court - Sold for $145,000
- 1745 NE 35th Street - Went into Pending status on 12/29/08 @ $499,000
- 1572 NE 32nd Street - Went into Pending status on 12/05/08 @ $199,900
- 1301 NE 45th Street - Went into Pending status on 12/10/08 @ $149,900.
Thank you again for all your continuing help in keeping our neighborhood safe and saleable.
Please contact me if you know of other situations we need to address or if I can help in any way.
Gary Lanham, CRS, CIPS
Atlantic Properties International, Inc.