You will see there are many great reasons for owning property in Summit County.
Currently prices are lower but holding steady. Great buys are available in all sectors. There are loans available through banks for condo buyers.
1. This is a resort/second home area and as such people come here because they want to not because they are sent here. This means the people here have a lot in common. Friends are easily made through networking and activities.
2. There are may activities here. In winter the champaign powder snow beckons skiers from around the world to the Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper Mountain and Arapaho Basin ski areas in the county. Close by are the ski areas of VAil, Bever Creek and Loveland. There are many X-country trails to ski and snowmobiling areas. In summer one can find 0ver 40 miles of bike trails, hiking trails, mountains to climb, 4 wheel trails and thousands of acres of National Forest land to explore.There are many golf courses in the county with many more within an hours drive.
3. Summit County is the highest county in the nation with pristine water and clean air. High temperatures in the summer are normally in the mid 70's with lows in the upper 40's. Winter temperatures are usually 0 degrees to low 30's.
4. Summit County property is the most affordable of all the major ski areas in the Rocky Mountains according to the Rocky Mountain Resort Alliance. Our property taxes are very low at about 0.50% of appraised value. About 70% of the property owners are absentee owners. Many people retire or plan to retire here. The Denver airport is just a little over an hour away by Interstate 70.
5. Sightseeing and wildlife abound. Gold medal fishing streams are easily accessed and are fished year around. Historic towns are everywhere with many located within an hour or two drive time.
Call or contact me today for real estate information. I will gladly place you on an automatic notification for property you may be interested in. Don't wait to purchase here as we are experiencing great appreciation in property values unlike many areas of the country.