Here's my first try at a MeMe. Please bear with me!
1. I marched! No, not in protest but in the Marching Band, both in High School and College. A bit Geeky, maybe but I competed at very high level and also traveled all over the US and into Canada with the band. In addition, I had a lot of fun! What did I play? The mellophone, many people describe it as a pregnant trumpet. Go MUMB (Miami University Marching Band!)
2. I don't actually sell real estate (well maybe one property a year for family etc.!) I am an Associate Sales Director for the Shorewest Realtors Lake Country Office in Oconomowoc, WI. My goal in being on Active Rain is to understand how the whole "Social Networking Thing" works so that I can advise my agents and to be transparent to anyone considering joining my office.
3. The weight of my first child, Daniel, was 11lbs 5 ounces and yes, I had him naturally. My favorite comment was my sister-in-laws: she said, "That's not a baby, that's a turkey!" I did go on to have another child, Joseph who was only 8lbs 2 ounces. Of course he was 4 weeks early. They are now age 3 and 8. It's a wild but fun ride!
4. I've lived in 5 states and I attended 6 schools before graduating high school. One of my high schools' mascots was a Pretzel in Freeport, IL. Go Pretzels!
5. I wish I knew an easy way to find pictures I can use for free - hence the lack of pictures on my blog. I hope someone will point me in the right direction!
6. I love anything banana and almond flavored! And when it's banana candy, the more artificial the better! I had a college friend who would buy Runts©, eat everything but the bananas and then mail them to me. I also love the almond cake (with almond frosting) at Sweetie Pies in Oconomowoc, WI.
7. I run a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group at my church. We are a group of mothers who have at least one child age birth to kindergarten. We are working moms and we are stay-at-home moms. We are members of different churches of all denominations from the Milwaukee Metro area and have sister MOPS groups all over the world. We meet the second Wednesday of each month to relax, renew and develop new friendships to help ourselves and each other be the best moms that we can be because...better moms make a better world. If you are in the Milwaukee Metro area contact me - I would love to talk you about MOPS. If you are a mom of young children - you can't miss MOPS. In the Milwaukee area, call me - I would love to talk with you about MOPS. Live somewhere else? Visit MOPS.org. I am trying to listen to what God's plan is for this group.
Here are the agents I have chosen to be tagged out of the Active Rain Newbies Group - tag you're it!
Pat Tasker - Shorewest Realtors WI
Kelly Kuchta - Shorewest Realtors WI
Steve Richman- Genworth Financial NC
Christine Herrera - Alamo Title Company TX
Valorie Stover - Quality Estate Properties CA
Mary Yonkers - Alan Kells Schools of Real Estate PA
Alysha Munoz - Keller Williams CA
- Create a blog post with a link to the person who so happily tagged you for a MEME. See above.
- List all of these rules in your post. Feel free to cut and paste this.
- Share 7 things that others may not know about you. Do or have I HAD a life outside of real estate?
- Identify 7 other ActiveRain members to tag for a MEME, and provide links to their blogs in your own MEME post.
- Contact each of the tagged members and let them know that you were indeed fast enough to catch them and that you did indeed tag them...no matter how much they say you missed them!
- No schoolyard rules in this MEME, nope you gotta do it if you are tagged. (I hear the MEME police are out in force, rounding up folks who ignore this "invitation")
- Post a link to your MEME in the comments of this post - the one in which you were publicly tagged!)
- Include your post in the MEME's Group. (I actually sent you an invite to the MeMe's Group, which included your notice that you were tagged for a MEME.
Wow - I finished it! Thanks for reading to the end and I would love to have your comments!