Things are moving along at the Bluwater condos in terms of construction, and I understand they are getting close to being able to release the pricing.
Here is some updated information for folks interested in the innovative and exciting condo townhomes at Bluwater Crossing. As you may know from my previous article, this complex is within walking distance to the Carlsbad beaches and adjacent to the Poinsettia Coaster Station:
- The majority of the homes are designed at live-work lofts ( some townhomes without the work space option will be part of a later phase) with the work space on the 1st floor, with front and rear access to your business.
- You are not required to have a business to live there and can use the 1st floor work space for personal purposes.
- Folks who do own or want to start up businesses must meet the Carlsbad guidelines for appropriateness (full information is in the CC and Rs; the town will issue permits for businesses that meet the requirements - no restaurants, bars, tattoo parlors, medical or dental facilities, but an interior design business, CPA, attorney or similar would be considered appropriate)
- Business owners MUST live in the residence space upstairs for 1 year. Leasing possibilities exist beyond that time frame
- There will be established business hour guidelines (limits) to be followed for the entire week (e.g., no earlier than 7 am or later than 7 pm Monday through Friday)
- The development anticipates a release date for Phase 1 in approximately late February but that is subject to change.
As noted before, there are additional buildings on site that will be dedicated to retail. The vision for these businesses includes child care, a "green" dry cleaner, a restaurant and similar enterprises that will enhance the quality of life in this innovative complex. Affordable housing (apartments) will also be available.
I will continue to post information as I learn of it, including the pricing - feel free to call or email with questions.
If you are considering buying a loft, make sure it's what you want. All lofts are NOT the same and may not meet your lifestyle requirements.
SPECIAL NOTE: As readers may know, the Carlsbad Marathon is next Sunday January 25 beginning at 6 am (this includes a half marathon). The sale staff for Bluwater Crossing will host an informational booth on Friday (2 - 6), Saturday (10 - 5) and Sunday (7 - 12) at the Carlsbad Mall where the marathon starts. Stop by for some information and get a free keychain (while supplies last).
If I can provide more information about Carlsbad and surrounding areas, or the housing market in general, or otherwise assist you in your homes search, please contact me by phone or text at (760) 840-1360 or email me at JDowler@remax.net.
All content copyright © 2008 Jeff Dowler Carlsbad Homes and Real Estate Tidbits