Is there help for our Public Servants?

Real Estate Agent with Century 21 Beal, Inc College Station, Texas

I got a call tonight from a friend.

Her son is a sheriff in Harris County, Texas.  He had heard that there was down payment assistance for teachers, police officers, firefighters, public servants. 

Mom stated that the referral agent doesn't know of a program.  I have heard of programs in specific areas (intercity I think, not sure).  They are looking in a suburban out of county neighborhood.

Does anyone know of any programs in Texas that would help?

Posted by

Brenda Harmon>Realtor>Century 21 Beal>College Station, Texas>Farm & Ranch>Probate>Estate>979-575-4663


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Mortgage / Finance
Century 21 Network
Century 21 Active Rainers
All Thing's Texas
Texas A&M Aggie Professionals
police officers
public servants
down payment assistance for firefighters

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Susan Hilton
CENTURY 21 Beal, Inc. - College Station, TX
Texas Aggie Real Estate, College Station Bryan Texas Real Estate

Here are a couple places to start -

Hope this helps.


Jan 22, 2009 12:53 PM #1
Brenda Harmon
Century 21 Beal, Inc College Station, Texas - College Station, TX


Thanks that was quick.  Anyone else?  I want to give them plenty of options.

Jan 22, 2009 01:29 PM #2
Mike Jones
SUNSTREET MORTGAGE, LLC (BK-0907366, NMLS 145171) - Tucson, AZ
Mike Jones NMLS 223495


Your favorite loan officer will be able to help you with specific local bond programs that benefit teachers and other specific groups.

Mike in Tucson

Jan 23, 2009 10:47 PM #3
South Austin Real Estate Blog
Sky Realty South Austin - Austin, TX

I do not know if its local but there is a program called THE GOOD NEIGHBOR program it was suppose to help teachers, police officers and fire fighters.  Call you favorite lender and see if it is in your area.

Jan 24, 2009 04:35 AM #4
Cynthia in Michigan

FHA offers the "Good Neighbor Next Door" program for Police, FF, & teachers.  It requires zero down and is offered nationwide.

FHA also currently has a REO program called the HUD $100. Down REO Program where you buy a HUD foreclosed home and only need to have $100. into the deal.  This is open to anyone, not just PO, FF, & teachers.  You can even finance in cost needed to repair the home up to $5000.

Good Luck!

Jan 26, 2009 10:07 AM #5

Are there programs like this in Minnesota? My fiancee is a corrections officer and we are looking to find out if there are any downpayment assistance programs, people have said that there were, but we cant find any of this information.

Mar 11, 2009 05:55 AM #6
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Brenda Harmon

Ask me a question
Spam prevention

Additional Information