The Bricks were built by the Roswell Manufacturing Company in 1840. The Bricks were two apartment buildings that originally housed cotton mill workers and their families until the 1950's. The Brick's could quite possibly be the oldest standing apartment buildings in the United States. If only walls could talk, these buildings had also been used as a hospital for Union soldiers and also a library at one time. The two buildings contained a total of ten apartments and from the 1950's to the mid 1970's; they were intermittently used for both residential and business space. The structures were renovated in early 1980's and again more extensively in 1990. The buildings were once the home of the Roswell Founders Club, a private club that accommodated special events, until the owner decided to sell in 2004. In 2005, a trio of developers took over and began the tedious task of renovating this historic property into gorgeous modern row houses with all the newest conveniences, including elevators in each unit. Wanting to maintain the historical integrity of the buildings, they went to great lengths to use recycled materials such as old tin roof shingles for kitchen backsplashes and the old heart of pine floors were used to construct the doors.
These three story row houses are steps from Roswell's covered bridge, and within a short walk of the Historic Roswell shops and restaurants. Units range from 2,500 to 3,500 square feet. The most recent sale was a 4-bedroom unit that sold for $535,000 in October 2007.