So you are considering a Condo in O'Fallon MO
There are different lifestyles for different tastes and needs. One of those lifestyles is a condominium where life is easy. There is little, if anything, to care for on the outside of the condo. Just one thing, have you considered some of the following?
- Why do I want to buy a condominium? Make a list of all the reasons you want a condo rather than a single family detached house.
- Is what you are looking at really a condominium? If you want a condo be sure you are not buying a look-alike (ex: townhouse, zero lot line, etc.). Make sure it is technically a condominium.
- Pay close attention to the covenants, restrictions, by-laws, indentures, etc.
- Don't hesitate to contact the "Board of Directors" for questions and concerns. This is the body that should be able to give you the facts on key issues that may be important to you and also make you aware of past problems.
- Take time to learn the key rules governing condominiums. Federal, state and local laws all have a potential impact on your experience as a condominium owner.
- The quality of construction. A very important issue both in the short and long run.
- Assessments and fees.....Are the fees realistic? Too little is a problem waiting to happen...
- What is the profile of the occupants who live there? What % is owner occupied.....What % is tenant occupied.....Is there anything else important to you check it out at City Hall or maybe the local Chamber of Commerce or on the web.
- Did you select a real estate agent that understands condominiums? You want to pick a pro!
Take time to consider these points before buying a condominium in O'Fallon MO and St. Charles County MO and you too will be a happy condo owner. Take the time to talk to a knowledgeable REALTOR® about condo ownership, too.
If you are looking for a new Condo and a REALTOR® that knows the St. Charles County MO marketplace and one that has called O Fallon MO home for over 15 years give me a call. Call Don Rogers at 314-954-6775 or email me at Don@DRogersHomes.com and we can start you home buying experience today. By the way I am never too busy for your referral, so if you know of someone that is looking to buy or sell have them give me a call, too.