With the cold storms that have blanketed some areas and ice roads shutting things down I just wondered if Realtors had decided to shut down their business. Pull those covers over your head and hope to stay warm. Guess what ... while the cold has set in so has your opportunities to keep your business moving. Too many times we just find the excuse of the day to not work. If you adopt that attitude then your you should expect your results to reflect your effort.
A list of things to do to keep your buiness HOT!
- Now is the time to turn on the contacts to your farm area. Plan at least two touches a month to a market you wish to work or have a presence already established. Be thoughtful in your touches and establish that you are the specialist for the area. Turn up the heat on your marketing.
- If you are not pleased with your image - develop a slogo that will be fun to work with and give you inspiration to get it exposed.
- Maximize your presence on the Internet, use keywords in your website and research and implement better ways to get exposure on Google Search Engines.
- Networking - Step up your presence on Active Rain and develop a strategy to outreach to membership. Join another group to expand your circle. Get involved in a meaningful charity.
- Get an Accountability Coach - a person to hold your feet to the fire for obtaining your goals and results. You'll find that it is amazing how those task get completed and steps checked off when you have a coach you must report action.
- Have at least one reward for a goal achieved. Make it one you can afford but one that is worth working towards. Also if you do not achieve a goal or task by a deadline be sure to impose a not so fun task as a consequence. For example, my husband usually polices the backyard removing the doggie deposits. Not a fun task so I assume that duty for a month if I do not complete a goal. A task that I do not enjoy a consequence that will encourage me to work hard to obtain my objective.
The point is to do things to move your business forward and keep it dusted off. Results do not happen by just sitting by and toasting marshmallows by the fire. Enjoy keeping your business fresh and you will find that the pipeline is kept fed by your positive approach.