Being a Board Member on behalf of your association comes with responsibilities. Below is a list of what is expected.
- All members of the Board serve the owners as Fiduciaries and must act in the best interest of all its members.
- No officer of the corporation has the authority to make unilateral decisions on behalf of the Board unless specific authority to do so has been given by the Board.
- Decisions are made at Board of Director meetings where items are addressed and agreed upon. Items on the Board of Directors meeting Agenda are thoroughly researched, studied and analyzed to make sure its financial feasibility, legal implications, and practical in application to the operation of the community
- The Board of Directors sets the policy for the corporation and Management implements that policy.
- All Board Members should make sure that there is Directors and Officers liability insurance in place.
- All directors must keep careful watch over the finances of the association and make sure that the association rules and deed restrictions are enforced.
I am always in awe of the time and dedication Members of the Board give to their communities. Most Boards work very hard to uphold the Covenant and Restrictions while making improvements to the common areas and keeping their neighborhood informed of the happenings around them. Kudos to the dedication of HOA Board Members.
Subscribe to CommentsComment