Do I need an agent when buying a home?
If you ask any REALTOR® that question they will tell you YES without even batting an eye. Now me on the other hand will ask you 9 questions and then answer the question. You see there are several items that a professional real estate salesperson can provide to you while in pursuit of your new home. So ask yourself these questions if you are considering going it alone in your purchase of a new home without the assistance of a real estate professional.
- Do I have time to research the residential housing market?
- Do I have the knowledge to integrate and understand the information available to me?
- Can I integrate the information available on the real estate internet sites into useful data that can help me accomplish my goal of home ownership?
- Do I have the expertise to negotiate on my own behalf?
- Do I have the ability to find a qualified home inspector?
- Do I have the time to research the home loan programs available in the market?
- Do I have the time to interview mortgage loan officers?
- Do I have the time and expertise to target market, if necessary, for the type of property I am looking to purchase?
- Do I know the zoning regulations and building codes pertaining to residential real estate in the area I am interested in moving to?
Answering NO to any of these, and they got tougher as you moved along, suggests that you do need the help of a seasoned real estate professional. Purchasing a home is probably going to be the largest single purchase you will ever make! Don't go it alone. Use a REALTOR® to help you in the purchase of your new home.
If you are looking for a new home and a REALTOR® that knows the St. Charles County MO marketplace and one that has call O Fallon MO home for over 15 years give me a call. Call Don Rogers at 314-954-6775 or email me at Don@DRogersHomes.com and we can start you home buying experience today. By the way I am never too busy for your referral, so if you know of someone that is looking to buy or sell have them give me a call, too.