I really LOVE junk food
And I would bet that you do too. Just the thought of reaching into a big bag of potato chips or picking up that jumbo burger piled high with cheese and the juice running down your arm. And what do you have sitting right next to the burger? A huge pile of fries and a nice frosty cold glass of your favorite beer! Now you're talking, move over momma daddy is coming to the table. This may not be a good healthy meal but boy it sure tastes good, doesn't it?
Sometimes, in getting ready to buy or sell a home we want to do the stuff that is easy and good tasting. You know, take shortcuts in the home buying process. Sorta like working out and trying to get into shape, we do the easy stuff today and put off until tomorrow what really needs to be done today.
Getting yourself prepared to purchase a new home takes, getting in shape, planning. When you currently own a home and need to sell the current home as well as purchase, the planning of the sale and purchase can be best managed with diligent consideration of certain things. Things like:
- Realistically pricing your current home based upon the comparable homes that have recently sold in a similar location with similar amenities and upgrades.
- Do not price your current home based upon what you would like to purchase.
- Consult a mortgage loan officer to understand your financing options.
- Understand the current marketplace: What is the average time on the market for homes in the same price range as yours? What is the average time it takes to go from accepted contract to closing? Is the market still soft or is it starting to pickup?
- Although it might be difficult to imagine not purchasing a new home until your current home is under contract and all of the contingencies have been met, you will be in a better position to negotiate with a new seller.
Getting yourself "in Shape" now to buy your next home will prove to be beneficial when you list your current home. The time proven motto of the Boy Scouts, "Be Prepared", is what will keep you in shape now and throughout the home selling and buying process.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home and a REALTOR® that knows the St. Charles County MO marketplace. Call Don Rogers at 314-954-6775 or email me at Don@DRogersHomes.com and we can start you home buying experience today. I have called O Fallon MO home for over 15 years and have been a REALTOR for over 10 years, give me a call. If you are relocating into or out of St. Charles County MO I can help you too. By the way I am never too busy for your referral, so if you know of someone that is looking to buy or sell have them give me a call, too.