Dorchester Towers Condominium Report
2008 Real Estate Year in Review
- In 2008 12 properties sold at Dorchester Towers at 155 W 68th St New York, New York 10023..
- The building has approximately 680 apartments which half are owned by individuals.
- The turnover rate was approximately 3.5% last year.
- For a comparison of years past, in 2007 ~ 12 properties sold and in 2006 ~ 15 properties sold. On average the typical turnover rate for any given building is approximately 7-9%.
As we all know the Dorchester Towers Condominium have a number of different layouts for each type of bedroom. Each layout offers its unique exposure,
- Alcove Studios - 2 Units Sold ~ Average Price/ Square Foot: $ 956.50
- One Bedroom - 6 Units Sold ~ Average Price/ Square Foot: $ 1,069
- One Bedroom w/ dining alcove(Junior 4) - 4 Units Sold ~ – Average Price / Square Foot: $ 947
*No 2 bedroom's sold in 2008*
Compared to The Upper West Side Condominium w/doorman in 2008:
- Alcove Studios - Average Price of $677,000 ~ Price/ Square Foot: $ 1,157
- One Bedroom - Average Price of $922,000 ~ Price/ Square Foot: $ 1,158
- One Bedroom w/ dining alcove(Junior 4) - Average Price of $1,010,561 ~ Price/ Square Foot: $ 1,228
- Two Bedrooms - Average Price of $1,685,000 ~ Price/ Square Foot: $ 1,367
In the month of December based on Contracts Signed
- The average sales price was $984,903.
- The median price was $650,000.
- The percent discount from last asking price was 9%
- The percent discount from original asking price was 16%
- The percent discount from original ask price to last ask price was 8%
- 26% of all sales were below $ 500,000
- 47% of all sales were between $500,000 and $1,000,000.
- 73% Sold below 1 million
- 17% between $1,000,000 and $2,000,000.
- 4% between $2,000,000 and $3,000,000
- 5% between $3,000,000 and $5,000,000
- 1% above $5,000,000
This is a market where information is king. If you are a buyer looking for the best price possible, closed sales data is stale. You need up to date information, properties that go in contract in the last 30 days. As experts in this neighborhood we have this information.
This report is the only up to the minute monthly report fot the Dorchester Tower Condonominium at 155 W 68th St, New York, NY 10023. How are we able to have such up to date information?? We live in the building!! As residents of the Dorchester Towers we understand what makes our building unique. As resident experts we understand the dtails of the building, the doorman, the management. We know there are more layouts that you can keep track of and that no two apartments are the same.
We are in a competitive market, hence working with two agents that live in the building and that specialize in condominium sales will you give you an advantage when it comes time to sell or rent your apartment. Our approach to selling your apartment is intentionally unique. We use strategies that most real estate agents do not use. If you are interested in hearing our proposition, contact us immediately to see how we can help you achieve your goals.
For more information, please contact Morgan Evans or call 917-837-8869
Read more about Dorchester Tower here: http://dorchesternyc.wordpress.com/
Disclaimer: All information in this post is subject to change without notice. Subject matter: is an opinion, is not guaranteed, may be time sensitive, and may be based on information collected from several sources which may or may not be reliable at the time of sourcing.