2009 is off to a swift start in the high plains! Faulkner Real Estate has completed 2 large land sales this year including irrigated farm ground, dry land farm ground, native grass a feedlot all totaling almost 1,700acres.
Land prices in Kansas have remained strong with good irrigated ground selling at a premium. The native grass in Grant County we recently sold also brought higher prices than we have seen in previous years due to high demand and low supply. The very best native grass pasture sold for $525 per acre!
Currently Faulkner Real Estate is offering land for sale in five different auctions including:
- 640 acres of excellent dryland farm ground in Stanton County, Kansas selling by public auction on Thursday February 26, 2009 at the Stanton County 4-H building. Listing agent is Randy Morris - 620-492-1855.
- 605 acres of prime irrigated farm ground in eastern Haskell County, Kansasnear Copeland and Sublette Kansas. Selling is by our "Private Auction" (Bid by phone) sales method. Bidding is set to not end prior to February 2, 2009 however we are still taking bids because we have active bids. Much like a live auction we accept bids by phone until all active bidders are out of the auction but one winning bidder.
- 560 acres of producing minerals in Haskell County, Kansas.These are great minerals and currently selling by "Private Auction". Many of our mineral buyers enjoy purchasing by "Private Auction" because they don't have to travel to bid. They simply pick up the phone and bid for the minerals, and if they are out bid we call them back and allow them to bid again until they win or decide the price is above what they are willing to pay. The listing agent is Mark Faulkner 620-356-5808.
- 640 acres of very nice land currenly in CRP in Baca County, Colorado. This is some very good farm ground that is currently in CRP, but is expiring this year in 2009. The land may be able to be re-contracted or it could be easily tilled and planted to crop. The listing agent is Mark Faulkner 620-356-5808.
- 400 acres of irrigated and dryland farm ground in Grant County, Kansas. This is some great looking farm ground with excellent Richfield and Ulysses silt loam soil. Tract #2 is irrigated and selling with all of the equipment including a Zimmatic center-pivot sprinkler and a Chevy 454 motor running on well head natural gas. This property is offered by Mark Faulkner - 620-353-5808.
- 160 acres of native grass pasture land in Grant County, Kansas.This is a nice piece of grass only a mile and a half off of US Highway 160 near Ulysses, Kansas. The grass would make a great pasture or beautiful country home site. This listing is offered by Jerry Stutzman - 620-353-9411.
If you weren't keeping tract that's 2,445 acres of grass, irrigated, CRP, Dry land and minerals currently offered for sale by auction through Faulkner Real Estate.
We are thrilled to be offering and selling so many great pieces of land. Please let me know if there is anything we might help you with.
Chris Faulkner, Associate Broker
Faulkner Real Estate
112 S Main