Be sure all heat-producing appliances run the way they are supposed to, including your clothes dryer
Sterling, VA-Janice Bittner, owner of Dryer Vent Wizard in Northern Virginia, is constantly working to increase consumer awareness of the importance of proper dryer venting systems. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that interferes with how the body processes oxygen; it can be dangerous and deadly. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, nausea and disorientation. The dangerous gases are produced inside homes where carbon-containing fuels are incompletely burned. The law requires all clothes dryers to be vented to the outside.
Janice advises her customers that when oil or gas furnaces, cooking appliances, water heaters and even clothes dryers are not properly vented, carbon monoxide can build up inside homes. Two common sources are the gas furnace heat exchanger and the gas water heater. Newer homes have been built to be more energy efficient, therefore, the gases have fewer places where they can escape and there are fewer places where fresh air enters the home. A proper ventilation system provides fresh air for complete combustion to keep fuel-burning equipment working properly and safely.
In addition, Janice also works to promote public awareness of dryer vent cleaning to prevent fires and ensure the clothes dryer is working efficiently to save on energy costs.
Dryer Vent Wizard specializes in cleaning, repairing and installing dryer vents. They do more than clean vents; they help to ‘pre-vent' problems in the laundry room, including environmental hazards like mold, dust, carbon monoxide and most important, fires. Read more about the importance of dryer vent cleaning and maintenance at http://dryerventcleaningsterlingva.blogspot.com/
19 E. Loudoun St
Round Hill, VA 20141
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC