Here are a few reasons why 39,000 residents call Hilton Head home and countless others have made it their primary destination to vacation and relax.
Did you know:
1) Hilton head was one of the first "eco-planned" communities in the country. Charles Fraser, the visionary developer of Sea Pines Resort, set the stage with his very aggressive approach to preserving nature for the entire Island.
2) 70% of our population is under the age of 60 years of age. The largest segment of our population (18.2%) is under 18 years of age and the median age on the Island is 35.4 years. Hilton Head is much more than a retirement community.
3) We have one of the best climates on the east coast. We have a semi-tropical climate with an average daytime temperature of 75 degrees and an average evening temperature of only 55 degrees. Our winters last only a few weeks.
4) Nearly 100,000,000 potential visitors live within only a 15 hour drive to Hilton Head and more than 1,000,000 enplanements and deplanements happen at the Savannah Hilton Head International airport.
5) You can get to everything you need including schools, hardware stores, restaurants, hospitals, theaters, dry cleaners and more in 15 minutes or less from anywhere on the Island.
Do you know why people come to Hilton Head Island:
1) 23 golf courses that are meticulously maintained including the famed Harbour Town Golf Links, home of the PGA's Heritage Golf Tournament.
2) We have hundreds of tennis courts. Four of our tennis resorts are listed annually in Tennis Magazine's Top-50 Resorts.
3) We have 12 miles of white sandy beaches.
4) Or maybe it is one of our many marinas on the Island.
5) Our Island has been preserved with the town purchasing and protecting nearly 1,168 acres at a cost of $144,000,000 or eliminating 4,000,000 square feet of commercial development and 1,365 hotel rooms and 4,210 residential and timeshare units.
6) We have 7 beach parks, 6 recreational parks, and 8 community parks. How many places do you know that have 21 parks for 39,000 residents?
7) Maybe it is because of the 100 miles of bike paths that encircle the island.
I guess the answer to "WHY" will be different for all of us but the place will certainly be the same HILTON HEAD.
Here is to Spanish Moss and moon beams!
Hope to see you soon!