Holding an Open House? It can be as easy as pulling a prepared book of materials in a moments notice. An agent in my office was going to hold one of my listings open on Sunday. She came down with the flu and I got a 9th bell call of apology but she would not be able to hold it open. The home had been advertised on several Internet sites and my owners had taken extra steps to have the home gorgeous with fresh cut flowers, etc. Cancellation of the open house was not an option. Thank goodness I just pulled my Open House Book and was ready to go.
Several months back I decided to get proactive and make an Open House Book and it has been a huge time saver and allowed me to have many things at my finger tips to hand out or to utilize as visuals for buyer visitors. I believe it has been very instrumental in me gaining some buyer clients.
The Open House Book
- Three Ring Binder with pockets front & back and plastic cover
- Tab dividers for ease of category reference
- Plastic protectors to insert materials
- Plastic insert for business card dividers
- Guest Register - no address and several copies (be sure to ask for email) -place in protector
- Resume about yourself -several copies- place in protector
- Business cards - place in business card protector
- Tax Rates - varied communities tax rates to use as a reference
- Website References to give buyers - make many copies
- Restaurant guide and reference child friendly ones with a map location in area - several copies
- School information for area and school year calendar - several copies
- Community information - several copies
- Maps of area - bring a highlighter so you can mark on map - several copies
- Preferred Vendor Cards - in business card protecor (Inspectors, Title Company, etc)
- Residential Service Contract Companies
- Contracts - blank - Brokerage Service Information, etc
The Open House tabs I use are - Agent Info, Buyer Material, Community, Maps, Vendors, Contracts. Make a fun Cover to insert on the front of the binder.
All that is left is to place my open house signs out and I am ready to go. No worries about the last minute call, I'm ready to go show off my listing and gain clients!