Following are a few helpful hints when looking for your Hawaii Home:
1. Find your special Real Estate Agent! It*s very important to make sure you have a skilled agent that your personality clicks with as this is an important as well as emotional time for you!
2. There is never a right time to buy or sell. Don't play fortune teller on the market and interest rates. Your special home will not stay on the market long and our market doesn't change drastically enough to make a difference on the price.
3. Don't let your friends, family and coworker's pretend they are Realtors Listen to your REALTOR* regarding real estate matters because they are the experts in real estate and advise of others will surely confuse you!
4. No home will ever be perfect!
Let minor things go....that window screen hook is not a reason to lose that home you love!
5. Don't play around with negotiating. It is part of the process but insulting the seller or playing around with the negotiating home you love could cost you to lose it!
6. Check on neighborhoods, noise levels, communities besides the physical aspects of the home. A home*s most important role is a comfortable, safe place to live.
8. Prepare a budget for repairs and maintenance costs. There will always be some costs so make sure you are prepared with a budget for the upkeep of your home!
9. You will definitely have your doubts, anxieties and worries. It's a big commitment but always think on the positive side that your commitment in owning your own home is also an investment that will yield big tax benefits.
10. Be realistic. Hawaii's homes have less sq. ft. on land and interior. If you are from the Continental U.S. be prepared for smaller! Fit your needs for a home around your "stuff". If finances are not the problem, then there are plenty available for sale.
And more info for relocating to Hawaii and home purchasing:
Be proactive in your Hawaii Relocation and Hawaii Home Buying Experience.
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman is a Realtor-Associate with Century 21 Liberty Homes in Mililani, Hawaii. With a sharp understanding that a listening ear is the key to a client's needs she serves the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) and all Hawaii Military Relocating to Hawaii, Hawaii Retirees, Hawaii Job Transfers and Hawaii Residents. Website: www.hawaiihomesmarket.com