FHA Modular & Mobile Home Foundations Do I Need An Engineer?

Home Inspector with Pillar To Post Of Northeast Georgia

If you've ever been involved in the sale of a manufactured home, you know how tricky it can be to secure financing and close the deal. Because an engineer's certification is necessary to approve an FHA loan on a manufactured home, many Realtors avoid these types of homes completely.  Finding a certified professional engineer who is willing, able, and familiar enough with government regulations to certify the foundation of a manufactured home - let alone someone who will provide the certification in a timely manner and at a reasonable price - can be a huge challenge.

Pillar To Post has partnered with Hayman Residential Engineering Services (HRES) to offer fast,    convenient tie down inspections on manufactured homes.

Less than 3-5 day turn around helps you close the deal faster 

As low as $395 each.

For non-compliant foundations, referrals to qualified vendors are available

Comments (1)

Donna Yates
BHGRE - Metro Brokers - Blue Ridge, GA
Blue Ridge Mountains

Ron: This is very useful information in my area.  (Thank you for adding me as an Associate).  Glad to meet you.

Feb 11, 2009 02:16 PM