Q: What is toxic mold?
A: It is when commonly occurring molds that produce toxins are found in excessive amounts indoors and produce concentrated amounts of toxins that can be harmful to your health.
Q: How does someone know if mold in their home is toxic?
A: Consult a professional that is trained to locate and gather both physical and airborne samples. Then have a microbiology lab process and review samples to determine the type of mold's and amounts.
Q: Why is toxic mold so common?
A: Most cases are due to building defects or undetected leaks that create moist conditions which are perfect for mold growth
Q: Why is toxic mold such a big deal if its always been here?
A: Modern advances in science have discovered that exposure to toxic molds can be hazardous to some individuals.
Q: Is everyone at risk?
A: No. Commonly affected are small children and people with allergies and respiratory conditions.
Q: What do we do if we find toxic mold and how do we get rid of it?
A: Consult a professional extraction company specifically trained to extract visible and unseen airborne mold.
Q: How much does it cost to remove mold?
A: Each situation is different. It depends on the severity of the mold problem. The cost can be into the thousands. In some cases removal is covered by homeowners insurance.
Q: How do we know if the toxic mold is gone?
A: Mold Inspection and Re- Mold testing are performed typically by the same person.
Q: How long does all of this take?
A: Testing and extraction can in most cases be completed within the escrow period.
Golden State Home Inspections