I am reBlogging this post as part of the Eco-All-Stars February share the Link Love Challenge... It is such helpful information and ...read CHRIS' post just below...
The National Association of Home Builders did a recent survey of 2,300 home owners, 50% of those surveyed said they would pay $5,000-$11,000 for a new home if it could save on their utility bills.
Could 2009 be the year that GREEN goes mainstream?
As home buyers become more aware of the products that are offered and what is Eco-Friendly and available now I believe the trend will defiantly head that way. I am very excited over the new products that are becoming more and more mainstream.
According to the surveys these building trends are on the top of consumers lists.
- Making every inch count
- closet organizing systems
- Home entertainment Centers
- Laundry rooms with lots of built in storage
- Builders are using paints that are lower in volatile organic compounds
- Improved air filter systems that trap allergens
VERY FUNCTIONAL KITCHENS
- The kitchen is still the most important room in the house
- Buyers want the kitchen to be great looking
- Lots of cabinetry
- Spacious center islands
- Highly efficient and great looking appliances that look built in
PAINTING AND INTERIORS
- Tranquil home environments
- Coming back into style is the 50's and 60's style of soft pastels
- Leading trend seems to be shades of gray on the walls,and soft pinks
- Bright and vibrant colors on back splashes in the kitchen and bath
- As Baby Boomers age (that would be me!) manufactures are producing new products and rethinking others
- Shelves that slide out for easy reach
- Homes with wheel chair mobility in mind
- Dishwashers that can be loaded from a wheel chair
THE GREAT OUTDOORS
- Outdoor living is still very much a trend buyers are moving toward
- Outdoor kitchens
- Elaborate grills
- Wine coolers are much sought after
- This trend is holding true for not only single family homes but Condos and Townhouses also.
This is an exciting time we are living in and there are many builders that are doing a great job of building green. I wrote about one not to long ago VILLA TRIESTE Now is a good time to buy.