Happy days are here again! I must say that I was very pleased to here that the old "Doghouse Bistro" will be reopening under a new name and new ownership. Judi Snelling, a real estate broker in Ridgway, is going to be leasing the old space and buying the equipment. She will re-open it as the "River's End Bar & Grill".
This is great news because I really loved that location and what the Doghouse had to offer in terms of atmosphere and entertainment. Judi is going to keep the upstairs much the same as it was, while making the downstairs more fine dining. In an effort to not misquite her I will include her comments here in an email she sent out to all of us real estate folk:
River's End Bar & Grill
Just so you hear it straight from me & not the Ridgway /Ouray street gossip...
My son, Nick, & I are re-opening the old Dog House location...
- If you did not know /remember Nick is a chef & graduated from John & Wales University- Culinary College
- It is Nick's Restaurant....I am just GM for now with an emphasis on the Bar....
- Nick has had an extensive background over the last 6 years in both Denver & local area establishments:
· Double Tree Hotel / Plush Restaurant in Denver
· He is currently @ the Mt. Village Mt. Market as Deli Chef manager for the last year...
· He has worked @ the Outlaw / Chipeta Sun Lodge / Montrose Golf Course /Galloping Goose /Subway in High School
It will be called River's End Bar & Grill & will re-open around 4/1-4/15
- The look & feel will be totally different (no more white walls)....
- Basically 2 different restaurants:
· The upstairs will still be the bar /grill type food...sports bar....lunch & dinner.
· Downstairs will be higher end dinner only...."Outlaw style" (steaks /fish /etc.)
- Outside patio dining in the summer...entertainment /bands occasionally....catering for all events
Request for input:
- Let me know what foods & dishes are /were your favorite ....or what you would like to see in both the upstairs & down stairs menus
- What was your favorite Beer (micro or other)????
- Any of you who know of someone with high end waiting experience please forward this info
- And, if any of you that have experience (bar or food) & would like a couple of days /nites a week until RE comes back.... let me know
- I will have a pre-opening party for the area Brokers....so look for that invite...around the first of April.
- I will still be doing both RE & the restaurant (still have lots of clients & listings)..
- Last time I did the White Horse + worked in RE at Ponderosa + worked with the School as the School to Career Grant writer & Coordinator
- So that you don't have to ask around....as the Doghouse was not listed anymore.....I did not buy the business...I am leasing the facility & buying the equipment
So there you have it. Let's all come out and support Judi as she takes on this new venture!