No, we are not mad at you!
Go Jump in the Lake is the brain child of Dr. Pat Rains, president of the noontime Rotary Club, to help raise funds for those in need of help on the mountain. On February 14th at 10am, volunteers will take part in the first annual "PolaRotary Bear Jump" at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa Beach..
Currently, about 20 individuals, possibly suffering from frostbite of the brain,have volunteered (see list below) to "jump" into the frigid water of Lake Arrowhead for charity. All proceeds raised from this event will go to non-profits helping improve the lives of so many on this mountain. Each volunteer jumper must have sponsorships totaling $500, or more, from those who wish to see them freeze.
For just $5, $10, $20 or more, employees, friends, and relatives now have the perfect opportunity to go tell their favorite boss, friend, brother or sister, wife or husband to go "JUMP IN THE LAKE".
Everyone is welcome to come out and enjoy the fun. Hot cocoa and coffee will be available along with a good time for all who attend. But be sure to bring a nice warm coat!
Here is a partial list of those brave individuals who have volunteered to jump (in alphabetical order):
1. Butch Baumann - Owner, Rim forest Lumber
2. Holly Brown - Soroptimist President
3. Reverand Randy Buecheler -Mt. Calvary Luthern Church
4. Steve Caloca, Gen. Manager UCLA Conf. Center
5. Kirk Coult - Chairman, GC Properties
6. Tom Cutler - Owner, Cutler Ins. Agency
7. Jeff Goss, President, LACSD Board of Directors
8. Charlie Harrison - CEO, Mts. Community Hospital
9. Steve Keefe - Owner, Coldwell Banker Sky Ridge Realty, Arrowhead Home Loans, Inc and Alpine Escrow, Inc.
10. Kathleen Kirk, Owner/Chef, Casual Elegance
11. Mike Kuroyama - Store Manager, Stater Bros.
12. Anne Lorkowski - Lake Arrowhead Mt. Sunrise Rotary Club
13. Lewis Murray - President/CEO, Lake Arrowhead Chamber
14. Tony Nicassio, Capt. San Bernardino Co. Sheriff's Dept
15. David O'Brien, Crest./Lk. Greg. Rotary Club
16. Marc Peebles, Battalion Chief San Bernardino Co. Fire Dept
17. Pat Rains - President, Lake Arrowhead Rotary
18. Leslie Dodge-Taylor, President, Crest/Lk Greg. Rotary Club
19. Pat Welsh - Owner, The Royal Oak
20. Lynne Wilson, Real Estate Broker
Help support these brave individuals who are "jumping" by sponsoring one or more today! No sponsorship is too small (or too large)!