Welcome to the first installment for all things real estate and community related in Echo Hills. I will provide regular market status updates regarding the real estate market as well as give you a true sense of what this great community has to offer. Enjoy!
As your local Brecksville real estate agent, REALTOR and also resident of Echo Hills in Brecksville, Ohio, I am uniquely able to showcase this incredible neighborhood. Because I live here, and have sold several homes in this wonderful neighborhood in the past several years, I am happy to showcase the benefits this community has to offer prospective home buyers. Having served as Secretary on the Echo Hills Board of Trustees for the local association, I am intimately familiar with all this community has to offer and both know many of the residents as well as have many friends in the neighborhood.
Echo Hills is the largest neighborhood in Brecksville, Ohio, containing 303 single-family homes, priced from under $200,000 to around $450,000 with most homes ranging from $230,000 - $380,000. The original Echo Hills was developed in the 1960s.
Echo Hills is located off Snowville Road and has three entrances into the neighborhood:
- Deer Run
- Old Orchard Drive
- Echo Hill Drive
Several streets in Echo Hills directly adjoin either the Cleveland Metroparks or the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
What I feel makes Echo Hills the most unique neighborhood in Brecksville, and perhaps one of the most neighborhoods in all of Northeast Ohio is the abundance of green space, recreational facilities, common lands owned by the association and community events that take place throughout the year.
Echo Hills – Community Amenities
- Swim Lake – Imagine a swimming lake, right in your very own community! Fresh sand is brought in, groomed, buoys and rope to keep the swim area contained, and best of all, a trained and professional lifeguard is present during posted swimming hours. Many children, dating back to the 1960s, have learned how to swim in this lake. In fact, even today, there are competitive swimmers and tri-athletes who train and swim in the lake on a regular basis during the summer. The quality of the water is measured three times each summer, and the tests come back exceptional!
- Fishing Lake – This is the other main lake in the neighborhood and many children (and adults alike) have caught fish (which are stocked/replenished on a periodic basis).
- Playground – This playground adjoins the Fishing Lake and contains a variety of fabulous equipment to satisfy just about everyone. Best of all, it’s surrounded by mature deciduous trees which provide a canopy during the summer, so only filtered light falls on the area so kids and adults alike are NOT baking in the summer sun. There are picnic tables and a restroom as well. Two wooden bridges (over a small creek) brings one through the woods out to the massive and open ball fields just 50 yards away.
- Soccer Field, Baseball Field, Volleyball Court – Not one, not even two, but three fields are present. There are also acres of adjoining common area lands to just enjoy, relax and use. From games of Frisbee, to launching rockets, to area dog owners (with their pets) to congregate and socialize, it’s a true community treasure.
Echo Hills – Community Activities
- End of School Year Bonfire – On the last day of the school year, a bonfire is created (by adults, and monitored with water buckets, fire extinguisher, water hose, and monitored at all times by an adult), kids can roast marshmallows and throw their school papers into the fire.
- Easter Egg Hunt – This event is always action packed and is held at the community playground. Kids are divided up into three groups by age/location and hunt for eggs. Refreshments such as coffee, hot chocolate, donuts and the like are provided.
- Christmas Party – Held annually at the Brecksville Community Center. Santa and Mrs. Claus shows up for photos and childrens’ wish list, crafts and games for kids, tons of pizza, food and desserts, and a DJ make for a very fun time for all.
- Fall Festival – This is also a huge hit in the community. Catered chicken and clam bakes, hay wagon rides, games, and overall, a fabulous time.
- Adult Beach Party – Some years this is held at the beach, some years it is held at the playground area. A great time for adults to socialize, eat, and be merry.
- Monthly Summer Gatherings – Held usually once a month during the summer months, and hosted by one of the Board Members, Bring Your Own Everything, and the community grill is fired up, and kids are running around playing on the ball fields, games, fishing, eating and more!
- Luminaries – Held the same night as the City of Brecksville’s luminary lighting, this is a wonderful time to drive around the neighborhood and see all the candles illuminating the tree lawns throughout the neighborhood.
Source: NEOHREX. Information deemed reliable but is not guaranteed.
Note: Real Estate Agents are not allowed to display detailed property information for currently active or pending listings when reporting data without first obtaining the listing broker's permission, so this detailed information is not displayed. However, my company website contains all active listings in the MLS so feel free to search there to obtain this information.
If you are thinking of buying in Echo Hills, please call or e-mail me and I am happy to provide a personalized tour of the community amenities as well as provide a driving tour of recently sold homes and also show you current homes for sale.
If you are thinking of selling your Echo Hills home, not only is Olsen Ziegler Realty your neighbor in the community, we benefit our seller clients by providing the most innovative and transparent service offering in the market. From low listing commissions (you can even calculate your listing commission on our website), to podcasting your home on iTunes, to providing free home staging advice, to a myriad of other services uniquely designed to both minimize the costs in selling your home as well as maximizing your sales price, we are happy to help you not only achieve success, but also keep more of your hard earned dollars in the process.
Please call or e-mail me today.
Chris Olsen, Broker/Owner, REALTOR
P.S. Once the weather thaws and the green returns, I will add photos of the wonderful community amenities!
Photo courtesy of Bob DiLaura.
Content copyrighted by Chris Olsen and protected by CopyScape.