Buyers have a lot of choices these days. If your home is one of the ones they want to see, be thankful...and be prepared for the showing.
To make the most of your "first impression," follow these 10 Simple Suggestions:
- Mow the lawn & the pull the weeds.
- Put all lawn equipment, toys, balls, bikes and toys in the garage and close the garage door.
- Open the window blinds/curtains to allow natural light in & turn on the lights inside.
- Make the beds, pick up the shoes & clothes (and whatever else) is on the floor of the bedrooms and secure all jewelry, firearms and prescription medications.
- Clean the cat's litter box, pick up the dog's poop from the yard and sweep the the bird's feathers off the pool deck (you get the idea!)
- Clean the kitchen. By this, I mean, wash and put away all dishes, wipe down the counter tops, sweep/mop the floors, empty the trash, clear off the counter tops of clutter, mail, newspapers, groceries, etc.
- Clean the bathrooms. Put away all personal hygiene products (hairbrushes, toothbrushes, lotions, medications, shaving cream, razors), empty the trash, put the toilet seat down, wipe down the sink and counter top, put away dirty/used towels and close the shower curtain.
- Vacuum. I know this might seem excessive, but freshly vacuumed carpet shows you care.
- Make sure the house smells good. This does not mean to "cover up" a lingering smell, but to find the source of the odor and get rid of it. If that means washing the dog more often, cleaning the carpets, baking cookies or lighting candles...do whatever it takes...do it. Odors can really impact what a Buyer thinks about the house.
- Leave. When the Buyer and their agent arrive, don't stick around and tell them everything special about your house. Let them open cabinets, look in the pantry, linger in the backyard and discuss where they will place furniture...all things they will be less likely to do if you are home and following them from room to room!
While these simple suggestions won't guarantee that the Buyer will like your house more than another, statistics indicate that homes that show well and are well-maintained by a caring owner will sell faster and at a better price than those that are not.
Anything you can do to sell your home faster and at a higher price (that costs you nothing but time and sweat equity) is worth doing!
For additional ideas on preparing your home to sell, call or text me at (321) 377-0157 or email me at LaShawn@LaShawnNorden.com
Listing and selling homes in Central Florida, including Lake Mary, Longwood, Sanford, Winter Springs, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Oviedo, Windermere, Apopka and Orlando.
LaShawn Norden, PA, REALTOR, RE/MAX Central Realty, (321) 377-0157
Subscribe to CommentsComment