In conjunction with my post regarding the pending REALTOR-supported Georgia Homebuyer Tax Credit, here is a list of talking points supplied by the Georgia Association of REALTORS:
- Homebuyer Tax Credit for the Purchase of a Home:
- Would have broad and immediate economic impact.
- Would have significant economic impact for communities affected by the recent foreclosure epidemic as well as areas with a glut of new homes and homes that have not sold for an extended period.
- A tax credit will induce credit worthy buyers back into the marketplace, which will help create jobs and strenghten Georgia's economy
- We believe this credit will produce a net tax gain as a result of the increased demand on goods and services associated with the housing industry.
- Similar tax credit was offered by Senators Johnny Isakson and Joe Lieberman.
- This credit is NOT TIED TO ANY STIMULUS PACKAGE. IT IS FOR GEORGIA HOMEBUYERS ONLY!
- The residual effects of stimulating the housing market will have broad economic benefits to Georgia, local governments and Georgia families. By investing in the backbone of our economy we strengthen the viability of our great state.
Maura Neill, ABR, CRS, MA
The Gebhardt Group
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
10220 Medlock Bridge Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097