Have you perfected your elevator speech?
- When people ask you, "What do you do?" How do you answer?
- When people ask you, "Why should I list with you?" What do you say?
- When people ask, "How's the market?" If you say, "It's tough" - you're done!
I mentioned perfecting your "elevator speech" in the Top 10 Holiday tips. I received so many comments. So, I am checking back- did you develop your speech and practice? What do you say that would make me want to work with you?
According to most body language experts, you have about 30 seconds to make a good visual impression. Image is important, so smile!
Most communication experts say you have approximately 3 minutes for people to decide whether or not they like you and/or want to do business with you.
Tell them your unique value proposition within 1 ½ - 3 minutes. Here are some of the samples I have heard recently:
- I'm a real estate professional. I help people find the home of their dreams.
- I list and sell real estate. My goal is to be the trusted real estate resource for my clients.
- I am a real estate professional. I help people buy their first home, investment properties to build their portfolio and sell their last home.
What's YOUR value proposition?