Naylor Hall was built in the 1840's by Barrington King for H.W. Proudfoot, manager of the Roswell mills. Barrington King came to North Georgia with his father, Roswell King in the late 1830's, to clear land and build the first mill.
In anticipation of Sherman's march, a great many supplies of Confederate uniforms were taken from the mill and secretly stored at the Proudfoots home. In the summer of 1864, the home was heavily damaged by Federal troops but Proudfoot began reconstruction of his home after the war was over. He remained in his home until his death in 1871.
It wasn't until the 1930's that Naylor Hall got its name. Colonel Harrison Broadwell purchased the home and named it Naylor Hall after his wife's family. Originally built as a much smaller home, it was Colonel Broadwell who added the statuesque columns and portico as seen today.
Naylor Hall is located in Historic Roswell on Canton Street and is currently a popular special events facility.