If you are like me, I start thinking spring in mid February, but here in Central Ohio we are still have plenty of winter days left. Any Central Ohio real estate agent will tell you that it's harder to sell your home in the winter. The days are colder and shorter, leaving less time to show your home to potential buyers.
The good news is that most of the buyers who are looking at houses in the winter aren't just killing time. They're serious enough about finding their new home to go house hunting at a time that most people would rather stay inside.
There are a few things you can do to make a good impression on home buyers this winter:
· Make sure all walkways are safe. Spread out ice melt or sand to provide traction during snowy weather. Shoveling the snow on the driveway and sidewalks will make your Central Ohio real estate appear more inviting and well maintained. Be sure to place a mat for visitors to wipe their feet on.
· Warm up the house. Buyers will remember the house that was pleasantly warm on a frigid day. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate to the buyer that your furnace is in good working order.
· For a welcoming scent, bake cookies the day of the showing. Some people are sensitive to the fragrances in air freshener's and perfumes, so skip spraying those when expecting someone to look at your house.
· Serve snacks in the kitchen. Give the buyer a reason to linger in your home by leaving a light snack in the kitchen. If the weather is cold, consider providing chili or soup in a Crockpot to keep it warm with festive disposable bowls. Or, to keep it simple, you can provide coffee or hot chocolate and cookies. Be sure to talk with your Central Ohio real estate agent before leaving these snacks so he or she knows they're for the buyers.
· Make your house appear warm and inviting. Turn all the lights in the house on; place warm-toned throws and decorator pillows around the living room. Put on some soothing classical or jazz music; keep the volume low enough that buyers can talk quietly to each other.
You can make your home seem more inviting this winter by using these proven techniques.
Ready to sell your home? Call me today at 614-273-6406 or email me at Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORD: Pickerington, Central Ohio, Columbus, Gahanna, Canal Winchester, Worthington, Renyldsburg,OHIO real estate
Ice melt: http://www.ecos.com/pages/icemelt.html
Jazz music: http://www.allaboutjazz.com/