U.Va. Sheds light on foreclosures .....what Buyers should be doing.

By
Real Estate Agent with Keefe Real Estate

http://www.virginia.edu/uvatoday/newsRelease.php?id=7838

Released today was a great overview on foreclosures.  The analysis shows that most of the home foreclosures have been concentrated in California, Florida, Nevada, Arizona and a small portion of metro areas in other states. Most notable was the quote that '66% of potential housing value losses in 2008 and subsequent years may be in California, with another 21 percent in Florida, Nevada and Arizona. for a total of 87 percent of national declines.

DO lick on the link for the full article and the impact of the Obama proposed foreclosure prevention program.  Even more important is that potential homebuyers who are qualified should BUY NOW and lock into a 30 year fixed rate mortgage.  WHY?  Becuase there is talk that at the back end of this fallout we will face steep inflation.  Locking in to a long-term rate will fix some of your living costs as a consumer.  In periods of high inflation, rents, interests, and other costs only go up,up and up.   Mortgage rates are low, inventory is good and housing is well priced.

 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Real Estate Market Trends
Location:
Wisconsin Walworth County Lake Geneva
Groups:
Realtors for All Seasons
Tags:
foreclosures
buy
inflation
fixedrate mortgage
florida
mortgage
uva california

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainer
4,852

Margaret Canfield

ABR, GRI
Ask me a question
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention