|Committee Vacancy Updates||
The Mayor and City Council are seeking members to serve on a number of City committees. Joining a City committee is a way to get involved and help the Mayor and City Council in their strategic planning process. All committees act in an advisory role. City staff help facilitate meetings and report recommendations to the Mayor and City Council. Preference will be given to Gaithersburg residents and those who have businesses within the City.
The following committees have vacancies:
- Animal Control Board (Vacancy 1 Public at Large)
- Art in Public Places Committee
- Arts and Monuments Funding Corporation
- Board of Supervisors of Elections (Vacancy: 1 alternate)
- Character Counts! Steering Committee
- Commission on Landlord/Tenant Affairs (1 tenant member, 1 alt. tenant, 1 alt. at-large)
- Communications Committee
- Community Advisory Board
- Cultural Arts Advisory Committee
- Education Committee
- Environmental Affairs Committee
- Gaithersburg Senior Council
- Historic Preservation Advisory Committee
- Market Square Advisory Committee
- Multicultural Affairs Committee
- Olde Towne Advisory Committee
- Technology & Innovations Committee
Some vacancies have occurred because of term expirations and, in some cases, committee members may seek reappointment.
If you are interested in serving on any of the above listed committees, please send a letter of interest and a resume to: Mayor and City Council, 31 South Summit Avenue, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877.
For more information contact Executive Assistant to the City Manager Sarah Paxton at at 301-258-6310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.