I got Memed about a month ago by Gerhard Ade! I always enjoy his posts so I wanted to make sure I did this post justice. Basically Gerhard said that we should write about five things that people don't know about us. I've actually put a lot of information in my profile on who I am so I thought I would be out of ideas for this post.
However, I thought long and hard and here are a few things you didn't know about me:
1. I like to Scuba Dive and I always wanted to Scuba Dive the Great Barrier Reef before I hit 40!! I made it, about three years ago. I ended up marrying an Ausie and he took me to an island off of the coast of Australia that is just gorgeous called Hayman Island which is located in the Barrier Reef. From there we took a chartered boat to a section of the reef called the Three Sisters. It was absolutely amazing, like no other reefs I've ever seen.
2. My goal for retirement is to live in Hilton Head and be a golf starter!! So what is a golf starter? Those are the guys that take your golf receipt when you tee off and then drive around the golf course making sure everyone's playing on schedule and following the rules!! How fun is that!! I told one of my clients that and they said "No wonder your in Real Estate". You've got to love people and love talking if you're going to do THAT! Who knows, maybe I'd keep my real estate gig on the side!!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/weDiNpe0CgI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/weDiNpe0CgI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
3. I went to college in Baton Rouge, Louisiana at Louisiana State University. I'm sure I have at least 100 things that I could tell you about my experience there! What a fun place to spend four years at college. I had clients in town yesterday from California and we talked about the sprit at LSU. I told them that I still remember the LSU Fight Song and even sent them the youtube video to prove it. I'm still trying to figure out how to embed the video so here's the This video looks like when I went there, maybe before. Who knows.
4. My pride and joy is my daughter Jordan. She is driving now(YIKES) and will be 16 in June!! It's really hard to believe. Jordan was born in Houston, Texas in 1991 and we moved to North Carolina three weeks later. Jordan has lived in North Carolina her whole life. She plays soccer, tennis, and did a stint as a cheerleader also. She's winding up her sophmore year at Cary Academy and looking forward to her junior year abroad. Jordan has taken five years of French and her school let's the kids that have taken a foreign language since 6th grade go
abroad for three weeks their Junior year.
5. I was born in Charleston, West Viriginia and lived there during the summer for 16 years. My father was the head Tennis Pro at the Charleston Tennis Club(CTC) up on the hill and we lived in Texas in the winters. My father is a PHD in Psychology and writes books published in over 80 countries now. At the time he was a professor and we would go back and forth from Texas to West Virginia in the summers. That's how my family got so involved in Tennis.
I hope you enjoyed this MEME. I certainly enjoyed writing it..