Wharton was originally incorporated as the borough of Port Oram in 1895 from portions of Randolph and Rockaway Township. The borough's name changed to Wharton in 1902. The Morris Canal ran through Wharton and many of the homes in Wharton were built in the 1800s and early 1900s. There is a mixture of single as well as multi-family homes with a strong rental community. Main Street in Wharton has lots of small shops and restaurants. For more information about Whartonm New Jersey visit www.MorrisCountyLiving.com.
Wharton, New Jersey