Clearwater Florida Home Buyers
I had something happen today in Clearwater, Florida that made my jaw drop and I just had to share it with you all. It made we think about the extinction of Full Service Gas Stations.
How did it happen? When did it all start.....maybe it was when buyers no longer "valued" the extra service over price...we often discuss our services as Listing Agent, however today I'd ask that you answer wearing your Buyer's Agent hat?
We had a potential buyer today, we'll call him Bob. Bob was referred to us by one of our past Tampa Bay real estate clients - normal enough, right?
So one of the first questions we ask Bob is, "Have you been pre-qualified for your mortgage?" What Bob said next made me drop my jaw...
He said, "Yes, I was prequalified for a mortgage by "big national real estate company". Ok at this point I'm wondering why he's talking to us and not the other Clearwater real estate agent??? Well I didn't have to wonder long because what he said next blew me away...
He said, "Yep, they prequalified me and then just handed me a list of their properties to go and pick from" and then he said, "They just weren't very helpful" - at this point I'm thinking that's an understatement, as well as poor professional performance in my opinion. This is a Tampa Bay Real Estate brokerage that gets paid for FULL SERVICE - but in my opinion is delivering PUMP IT YOURSELF service.
So here's my question, we've all been discussing the Redfin interview and Real Estate commissions (explained so well by Broker Bryant)- usually as they relate to being the Real Estate Listing Agent, but what are your feeling about providing "full service" to your Home Buyers. At least Bryant Tutas makes his position clear - he only serves Home Sellers - I respect that he is straightforward and honest about it. I'm struck by the feeling that the original Real Estate company was also only serving the Home Seller - but they were still willing to take a "low hanging" commission if the buyer found one of their "listings", I mean homes to buy. How is this good for the Home Buyer?
Clearwater Florida Buyers Agent
What services do you routinely provide Home Buyers you work with?
- Do you find out what they're wants and needs are and then show them ALL the properties for sale that meet their requirements by all real estate companies and not just your brokerages listing?
- Do you do CMA type analysis to consult with them on current market values for the homes they like?
- Do you actually show them the homes they're interested in or do you have them call the seller?
- Do you advise them to pass on homes that are not realistically priced since they will get their escrow money back if it doesn't close but they'll never get the inspection monies, appraisal fees, survey expense and more back if it won't appraise, not to mention the emotional rollercoaster effect on everyone?
- Do you negotiate for them like it was your own money or they were your own family?
These are just a few of the things we do for the Home Buyers we work with.
Jack & I are as passionate about working with Buyers as a Buyers Agent as Broker Bryant is about working with his Sellers. We bring great value to those we serve as Buyer's Agents - we definitely earn our cooperating brokerage commision.
As we get a look at how the public views Realtors and the job we get paid to do - we need to make sure we are always bringing value in the form of:
- real estate expertise,
- consulting skills,
- specialized knowledge,
- strong negotiations,
- managing all the details of the inherently complex transaction that when mistakes are made can be very costly for buyers and sellers alike;
- and caring for our clients as people - that's what I believe they're paying for.
I'm curious , what do you think your Home Buyers value most about working with you?
Clearwater Florida Real Estate
If you or someone you know is looking for real estate in the Clearwater / Clearwater Beach / Sand Key/ St Pete Beach /Island Estates / Tampa Bay area ~ whether it's a home, condo, investment property, - Jack and I can help.