Looking for a way to get involved in Lancaster City events? Here is some information from the Mayor's office on special events:
Volunteer with MOOSE!
Special events are not possible without the assistance of local volunteers. Be a part of the fun and help out during one of the City's special events.
We are currently accepting volunteers for Celebrate Lancaster! 2009. For more information and to apply please click here.
Internship Opportunities with MOOSE
Interns with the Mayor's Office of Special Events will have hands-on experience with assisting with development and execution of MOOSE's four major special events, coordinating media and public relations efforts relating to events and assist in other special projects as assigned by Mayor and MOOSE's board of directors.
- Assist in coordination of event logistics including contracting with entertainment, handling of vendors and developing basic design and layout of the events
- Maintain up-to-date vendor, entertainment, volunteer and special event resource files and databases
- Assist in coordination of public relations and marketing efforts for the events including, but not limited to, development of press releases and/or press announcements and proofing of marketing materials
- Intern will receive supervision from the Director and Special Events Manager who will review work and results obtained
Minimum required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Thorough knowledge and ability to operate a personal computer and the Internet
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Some local travel may be required
To apply for an internship with MOOSE please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Mayor's Office of Special Events, 120 N. Duke Street, PO Box 1599, Lancaster, PA 17608-1599.