Spring is here!
My oh my, it has been too long since my last post, however, now is the time for organizing...it is always time for organizing for me!
Spring forward, first, let's look back. I wrote a post on organizing your garage in July of 2008 that got many of you interested in reclaiming valuable space for your vehicles. Endless Options let's talk boxes was another post in July 2008 that had your interest. Most viewed was the series of posts on Estate Liquidation (July to August 2008).
Today, let's get organized! Spring cleaning is what we are ready for. I start with my closets.
Top Options for a More Organized Closet:
- Keep empty hangers together. For a unified look and feel, use hangers of the same kind (all wooden, all plastic in the same color...you get the idea).
- Return wire hangers to your local dry cleaner on a monthly/weekly basis.
- PURGE the items you do not wear. Donating them, gifting them to a friend/family, or selling them at a consignment shop. (Use bankers boxes to tote items to their new home)
- SORT your clothes into categories and then by colors. You will be happy with how much easier it will be to create your outfit for events and for daily wear.
- Utilize organizing products to manage the limited space in your closet for maximum visual display. Think about how exciting it is for you to look at the displays in the department stores and keep this visual appeal as much as you can. It will be such a joy to open your closet.
Controlling clutter in closets can be achieved with just 5 minutes a day organizng items back into their place.