Los Angeles Home Staging Studio Providing Compelling, On-Target, Interior Marketing Solutions Helping Sellers of Real Estate Maximize Vision and Reap Profits | MODERN MECCA
Get to know Claudia Andrade-Desbiens Los Angeles Modern Staging
I am the creative mind behind MODERN MECCA™ - a Dynamic Staging + Design Studio Focusing on Modern and Mid Century Modern Aesthetics and Unique Architectural Real Estate. We are dedicated to market these homes so they get the attention and the new owners they deserve. In the process, we seek to protect Southern California's unique modern architecture and historic character.
Modern Mecca helps visionary clients create value by offering win-win, on-target, compelling interior marketing solutions and positioning properties in a much more competitive and marketable condition.
Utilizing proven marketing principles combined with highly effective staging techniques, Modern Mecca's work focuses on the specific elements that drive home shoppers emotional and rational buying triggers and their purchase decisions.
With a 100% success rate, we are committed to delivering excellence and take pride in our work and the significant contributions we make to our client's bottom line and to Southern California's rich stock of architectural and historic resources.
Expect stress-free staging, exquisitely tailored interiors, clean lines, and properties that generate traffic, engage buyers and sell fast in any market.
See MUCH more on our website, at ModernMecca.com!
Claudia Andrade-Desbiens Los Angeles Modern Staging's Blog Posts
As seen in "Angeleno Magazine's Best Of The City"
As seen in Dwell Magazine
• Adaptive Re-Use Housing Development Properties
• Architectural Properties
• Craftsman Bohemian
• Contemporary Homes
• Green Homes
• Historic Restoration
• High-Rise Condos
• Live-Work Lofts
• Mid Century Modern Homes
• New Construction Modern Homes
• Post-Industrial Reuse
• Residential Conversions
• Transit Oriented Developments
• Urban + Mixed-Used Developments
• Downtown Los Angeles Historic Core
• Hollywood Hills and the Sunset Strip
• Brentwood, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Santa Monica
• Venice, Mar Vista, Marina Del Rey, Culver City
• Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills, Long Beach
• Eagle Rock, East Los Angeles, Echo Park, Glassell Park, Hermon, Highland Park, Historic Filipinotown, Lincoln Heights, Montecito Heights, Solano Canyon, Mount Washington, Los Feliz & Silver Lake
HOW WE WORK
Focusing on quality and consistency over quantity and with a goal of continually challenging the staging status quo, we only take on a few projects at a time to ensure we can give your property the attention it deserves.
This approach allows us to cultivate a boutique sensibility, offering an intimate connection with our clients, greater attention to detail, and the flexibility to go through insane lengths to make your staged property look amazing, unfussy and market ready.
Our capabilities are below.
REAL ESTATE STAGING
We offer Full Service Real Estate Staging for vacant homes in Los Angeles, and Orange County. Several Packages are available. Please contact us for details.
INTERIORS FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MODEL HOME DESIGN, SALES OFFICES, LOBBIES & COMMON AREAS
• Budget Review
• Spec Selection for New Developments
• Floor Plan Evaluation
• Space Planning
• Furnishings Procurement, Selection & Delivery
• Artwork & Accessories Procurement, Selection & Delivery
• Design Installation & Control
FURNITURE, ART & ACCESSORIES LEASE FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION MODEL HOMES
For those seeking an exquisitely tailored model unit without the hassle or expense of purchasing furniture, we offer Inventory Lease of Furniture & Accessories for New Developments. This service is available for new construction and model homes ONLY. 6 months minimum lease is required. Please contact our office for more information.
PRE-REHAB CONSULTATION FOR INVESTORS
Consulting services for the restoration and preservation of modernist architecture and historic homes. This service is available in LA, OC & Palm Springs.
• Commercial Spaces
• Retail Spaces
"Modern Mecca played a signifcant role in the sale of a downtown apartment building. Claudia's expertise in staging one of the apartment homes allowed prospective buyers to appreciate the design and amenities the loft apartments had to offer. I will certainly use her services again."
Greystar Regional Property Manager
BE IN THE KNOW!
Be the first to find out about our 'Staging an Architectural Home' Speaking Engagements, Events, Gallery Exhibitions, be invited to our Wine-Tasting Parties, Modern Home Tours, Promotions, get FREE Staging tips and more!
• Ranked by influential Angeleno Magazine's "Best Of The City" in 2014 as Los Angeles' TOP 5 Homes Stagers
• Dwell Magazine's "Inside Dwell" Panel Member
• Houzz "Exclusive Professional" Member
• Work by Modern Mecca has been featured on the prestigious "Venice Modern Home Tour" and on "Modernism Week Home Tour"
A few places I've been, classes I took, and the wonderful people I met along the way:
• Class with Legendary Modernist Architect Oscar Niemeyer - Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2001)
• Tour of Casa de Canoas designed by Oscar Niemeyer in 1951, built in 1953, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2001)
• Tour of Ministry of Education and Health designed in 1942 by Le Corbusier, Lucio Costa and Oscar Niemeyer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2001)
• Tour of The Niterói Contemporary Art Museum designed in 1996 by Oscar Niemeyer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2001)
• Tour of the structures of the Pampulha Project designed by Oscar Niemeyer in 1943, including the Church of Saint Francis of Assisi and other buildings at Pampulha in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil (2001)
• Visit and Tour of The Eames House, Case Study House #8 – A Landmark of mid-20th Century Modern Architecture designed in 1949 by Charles and Ray Eames in Pacific Palisades, California (2005)
• Forever Fullerton: Julius Shulman Exhibition and Lecture with Author Michael Stern and Architectural Historian Alan Hess, Fullerton, California (2009)
• Tour of Jones and Emmons Forever Houses, Fullerton, California (2009)
• Tour of Cliff May Homes, in Long Beach, California (2009)
• CA Boom Design Show - A multi-discipline non-traditional design trade fair exhibition combining the highest caliber of architects, designers and design manufacturers on the West Coast, Beverly Hills, California (2009)
• Tour of The Henbest Residence, Pierre Koenig 1966 in Palos Verdes, California (2009)
• Tour of Wayfarers Chapel, also known as “The Glass Church” located in Palos Verdes, California designed by Lloyd Wright in the late 1940s, built between 1949 and 1951 (2009)
• Visit to Lloyd Wright’s 1963 “Bird of Paradise” House in Palos Verdes, California (2009)
• Tour of Fairhaven, Fairmeadows and Fairhills Eichler Tracts in Orange County, California (2009)
• Visit to Orange County Courthouse designed by Richard Neutra, Santa Ana, California (2009)
• Visit to Mariners Medical Arts Building designed by Richard Neutra, Newport Beach, California (2009)
• Lost Saved and Endangered: Modernist Architecture in Palm Springs Lecture with Gary Johns (2010)
• The Eichlers of Orange County Lecture by Architectural Historian Alan Hess, in Orange, California (2010)
• Lecture by Bill Butler on Albert Frey, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Lecture by Architectural Historian Patrick McGrew on Albert Frey, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Visit to The Kaufmann House designed by Richard Neutra in 1946, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Visit to The Elvis Honeymoon Hideway or House of Tomorrow, designed by Architect William Krisel, 1962 in Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Tour of Steel Homes by Architect Donald Wexler, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Tour of Albert Frey – Frey House II, with Architectural Historian Patrick McGrew, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Tour of Frank Sinatra’s Twin Palms House designed by Architect E. Stewart Williams, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Tour of Dinah Shore Residence designed by Architect Donald Wexler, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Tour of Composer Frederick Loewe’s glass-encased Modernist Home located in Little Tuscany neighborhood, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Tour of Actor William Holden’s Estate, designed by Architect Hugh Kaptur in Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Tour of Seven Lakes Country Club, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Visit and Tour of the Del Marcos Hotel designed in 1947 by the famed desert Architect William F. Cody, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Tour of Actress Elisabeth Taylor’s Estate, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Desert Utopia: Mid Century Architecture in Palm Springs Film and Lecture with Architectural Historian Alan Hess and Director Jake Gorst, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• William Krisel, Architect Film and Lecture with Architect William Krisel, Architectural Historian Alan Hess and Director Jake Gorst, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Journeyman Architect: The Life and Work of Donald Wexler Film and Lecture with Architect Donald Wexler, Architectural Historian Alan Hess and Director Jake Gorst, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Infinite Space: The Architecture of John Lautner Film and Lecture (2010)
• Visual Acoustics: The Modernism of Julius Shulman Film and Q&A with Architect Stephen Ehrlich and Director Erik Bricker, Los Angeles, California (2010)
• Dwell on Design, Los Angeles, California (2010)
• Visit to Lloyd Wright’s 1959 Moore House in Palos Verdes Estates, California (2010)
• Tour of Pierre Koenig’s Case Study House #21 Bailey House designed in 1959, Los Angeles, California (2010)
• Tour of Gregory Ain Park Planned Homes, Altadena, California (2010)
• Tour of Edward Killingsworth’s 1957 Opdahl Residence in Long Beach, California (2010)
• Tour of Edward Killingsworth’s Case Study House #25, “The Frank House,” designed in 1962 in Naples, California. (2010)
• Tour of Hafley Residence, 1953 by Architect Richard Neutra in Long Beach, California (2010)
• Tour of The Mitchell Residence, 1959 by Calvin Straub F. A. I. A. in Rolling Hills, California (2010)
• The Amazing Neutras of Orange County Exhibit and Lecture with Architectural Historian Alan Hess and Architect Dion Neutra, in Santa Ana, California (2010)
• Tour of Royal Hawaiian Estates designed by the firm of Wexler and Harrison in 1961, Palm Springs, California (2010)
• Architecture and Design Council Symposium: Donald Wexler and his Legacy, Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Mid Century Power Panel with Architects Donald Wexler and Bill Krisel, Julius Shulman's daughter Judith Shulman, Helena Arahuete, Architectural Historian Alan Hess and Author Michael Stern, Palm Springs, California (2011)
• PS Modernists: Insider Stories with Nel Ivancich, Matthew Sumich, Leland Lee and Jean Farrar, Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Lecture with Gerard O’Brien: Perspectives on Mid Century California Design, Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Oscar Niemeyer: A Vida é um Sopro Film and Lecture with Architectural Historian Alan Hess, Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Volunteer Docent during Modernism Week, Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Tour of Alexander Homes designed by Palmer & Krisel between 1947 and 1965, Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Visit to El Rancho Vista Estates designed by Architects Donald Wexler and Ric Harrison, built between 1959 and 1960, Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Tour of E. Stewart Williams-designed Home, Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Tour of The Hideaway, built by Herb Burns, Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Tour of A. Quincy Jones-designed Hamma Residence – A Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument No. 797, Los Angeles, California (2011)
• Neutra 85th Anniversary Celebration Weekend – Tour of 10 Structures Including the Lovell Health House 1927-29 on the list of Registered Historic Places in Los Angeles, California (2011)
• Julius Shulman: Desert Modern Exhibit curated by Michael Stern at Fullerton Museum Center, Fullerton, California (2011)
• Tour of several Mid Century Modern homes built by the Alexander Construction Company, and designed by Palmer & Krisel Architects. Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Tour of El Rancho Vista Estates, a Community of uniquely distinctive mid century modern homes designed by the firm of Donald Wexler and Ric Harrison in the early 1960's. Palm Springs, California (2011)
• Modernism Show – Annual gathering of avid modernists featuring 80 premier national and international decorative and fine arts dealers presenting all design movements of the 20th Century. Palm Springs, California (2012)
• Film Urbanized – The documentary looks at the issues and strategies behind urban design and features some of the world's foremost architects, planners, policy makers, builders, and thinkers. Palm Springs, California (2012)
• Edward Durell Stone: American Modernist – Lecture by Architect Hicks Stone, Edward Durell Stone's youngest son and biographer. Palm Springs, California (2012)
• Preserving Eichler Houses – Lecture by Alan Hess, architect, architecture historian, and writer and Susan Secoy Jensen, architect. Palm Springs, California (2012)
• Milton Glaser: To Inform and Delight. Palm Springs, California (2012)
• COLOR + MODERNISM – Lecture by Paul Aferiat and Peter Stamberg, architects. Palm Springs, California (2012)
• Journeyman Architect: The Life and Work of Donald Wexler – Film and Lunch with Architect Donald Wexler. Palm Springs, California (2012)
• Midwest Modern: Architecture in Columbus, Indiana – Lecture by Bradley Brooks. Palm Springs, California (2012)
• Pacific Standard Time - California Design, 1930-1965: "Living In A Modern Way". Los Angeles, California (2012)
• Visist to Pete Seva Residence, designed by Architect Hugh Kaptur. Palm Springs, California (2012)
• Lecture with Architect Ray Kappe: California modern Master. Palm Springs, California (2013)
• Lecture with Architect Leo Marmol, FAIA, of Marmol Radziner: Welton Becket - The Man Behind The Machine. Palm Springs, California (2013)
• People In Glass Houses: The Legacy Of Joseph Eichler Film. Palm Springs, California (2013)
• Lecture with Michael Boyd of BoydDesign.com: On Restoring Modernism: The Purist and The Pragmatist. Palm Springs, California (2013)
• Visit & Tour of Terner Residence 1997 by architect Barry A. Berkus, FAIA. Pacific Palisades, California (2013)
• Visit & Tour of Entenza House, Case Study House Number 9, built in 1949 and designed by Charles Eames and Eero Saarinen. Pacific Palisades, California (2013)
• Lecture with Los Angeles-based design collective COMMUNE on Making Modern. Palm Springs, California (2014)
• Lecture with Los Angeles-based Steven Price: Over The Top - The Architecture of Trousdale Estates. Palm Springs, California (2014)
• Lecture with Los Angeles-based Frank Escher and Ravi GuneWardena on Conserving Modernism. Palm Springs, California (2014)
• Lecture on Defining Mid Century Modern Residential Furniture Design - Thayer Coggin and Milo Baughman. Palm Springs, California (2014)
• Quiet Elegance: The Architecture of Hugh M. Kaptur. Film and Q&A with Mid Century Modern Architect Hugh M. Kaptur. Palm Springs, California (2014)
• Tour of The Glass House - A Mid Century Modern Masterpiece, designed by William Cody in 1967 and located in the Vista Las Palms Neighborhood. Palm Springs, California (2014)
To be continued…
Testimonials for Claudia Andrade-Desbiens Los Angeles Modern Staging
Mike Dodd, Realtor®, NW Real Estate Brokers03/16/2015
Claudia is talented, diligent and professional. She did a wonderful job bringing our Mid Century in the Manhattan Beach Tree Section to life. Claudia and Modern Mecca have earned my highest recommendation.
Katherine Gladkov, Realtor®, Meridian Capital Real Estate05/12/2014
Claudia and her company staged my house and I am happy to say that it was a wonderful experience! She showed professionalism, knowledge and was very attentive to my requests and specific needs.
She took time to find the furniture that I envisioned in my house and as a result my house went in escrow in just a couple of weeks.
I will certainly work with Modern Mecca in the future. Thank you, Claudia!
Eric Smilay, Realtor®, Nourmand & Associates Beverly Hills02/07/2014
Modern Mecca staged a listing I have in the hills of Los Feliz. The company brought in some unique and stylish mid-century pieces that worked perfectly with the style of the house I am representing. They got the house styled up and looking great in one day. I definitely appreciate their planning, efforts, and of course results. I would definitely recommend Modern Mecca for staging needs in and around the LA area, as the Owner really knows her stuff in terms of both design, period pieces, and the ideal way to show a property in it's best light.
Stewart Penn Realtor®, Associate Broker at Penn Properties with Windermere Real Estate12/24/2013
Claudia is extremely creative and highly passionate about her many staging projects which leads to outstanding results. I have recommended her to my clients, confident in the knowledge that she will assist them in adding value to their properties and attaining premium prices.
Bryan Magedman, Owner Operator Magedman Modern11/26/2013
Well a picture is worth a thousand words. Claudia is a talented and well organized designer. Leaving no detail left behind, and no space left without her modern touch. Having been a modern contractor for over a decade and a furniture retailer since 2007 I have dealt with many designers and Claudia is special to say the least. I have delivered furniture for many of her projects and they are just as impressive in person as in the pictures on her website. I can with great confidence suggest her services knowing you will get her special touch on any of your projects.
Shawn Amin, Realtor® and Investor, at Magna Capital Group Inc.07/28/2013
Very nice and elegant with a great taste. Their prices are very competetive and they go the extra mile to make it work. I was very happy with them.
Laura Parada, Regional Manager at Greystar07/28/2013
Modern Mecca played a signifcant role in the sale of a downtown apartment building. Claudia's expertise in staging one of the apartment homes allowed prospective buyers to appreciate the design and amenities the loft apartments had to offer. I will certainly use her services again.
Cameron Fry, Director of Operations at Modern Home Tours, LLC.07/28/2013
I'm the tour organizer for the 2013 Venice Modern Home Tour and Modern Mecca staged one of the homes on our tour this year. After overseeing the tour personally, I experienced first-hand how great Modern Mecca is to work with. Their furniture and design complimented the newly-constructed home perfectly and I know our tour-goers loved it, too. The staff was also very friendly and easy to work with. I heard many compliments about the home from tour-goers saying it was one of their favorites on the tour. I highly recommend Modern Mecca.
Steve J., Homeowner07/28/2013
I hired this company to stage my loft in LA. Claudia was truly amazing and resourceful and above all affordable. She transformed this bleak empty space into an inviting home.
Best part of the deal was the house sold 13 days later and I did not have to reduce the selling price. The new buyers even purchased most of her furnishings as they liked the look that much.
Sandy Kinder, Realtor®, Associate Broker at Keller Williams World Media Center07/28/2013
My client wanted to hire a stager who understood the vibe of his Silverlake home. Claudia certainly did. Her choice of decor for the home that I listed far exceeded our expectations. But even more important to me was the professionalism that she brought to the project. She was very clear with her bid with no hidden fees or over charges, she showed up exacty on time and did exactly what she said she was going to do. My client was thrilled when we sold the home quicker than anticipated and he credits Claudia and her work. And Claudia and crew are a delight to work with. I could not have been more pleased and look forward to working with her once again.