Jason Simonson, Realty Executives - Menomonie WI

1120 north broadway

menomonie , wi 54751


Spam prevention

Being a former re/max agent Jason Simonson purchased his Realty Executives franchise in the fall of 2008. The Realty Executives office is located in North Menomonie WI 54751. There are 5 full time, ac

Get to know Jason Simonson

Jason Simonson has been a life long resident of Menomonie Wisconsin 54751. He was born west of Menomonie on a hog / dairy farm. He lived there until graduating in 1989 from Menomonie High School. From there Jason Simonson Worked at a factory in woodville Wi for 12 years. Always being fascinated by real estate Jason Simonson had the opportunity to get into the real estate proffession in 2001. Starting at c-21 for a short period of time he moved to help open the re/max office in Menomonie . After 8 very successfull years of real estate sales there he had decided that it was time to "be the man and stop paying the man"

   In the Fall of 2008 Jason Simonson purchased his own Realty Executives franchise located in North Menomonie. Jason Simonson's office has 5 full time ambitious agents working there to supply the community with all the tools. knowledge, and wisdom needed to get the job done. Knowing that 87% of real estate buyers now find the property that they purchase on line Jason Simonson and his team have developed the most agressive on line marketing program unother to any one in the area.

THE HISTORY OF MENOMONIE

The years 1822, 1830, 1846, 1853, 1893, and 1901 are all of historical significance and importance in the early history of Menomonie. In 1822, Harding Perkins, representing James H. Lockwood and Joseph Rolette, erected a lumber mill at the confluence of Wilson Creek and the Red Cedar - former site of the Wisconsin Milling Company. A sudden overflowing of the river swept away the dam and mill.

In 1830, after a lengthy disagreement over the authority of the Indian agent to grant permissions, Lockwood and Rolette again set up lumbering operations on the site after receiving permission from the federal government. This first permanent settlement on the site of the City of Menomonie preceded the settlements of Madison, (1837), St. Paul (1838), Hudson (1841), and Eau Claire (1845).

Capt. William Wilson and John H. Knapp purchased the milling operation in 1846. Captain Wilson, his wife and family established residence in the Menomonie area the same year.

In 1853, Andrew Tainter and Henry L. Stout acquired interest in the company and a corporation was formed known as Knapp, Stout & Company. In 1873, Knapp, Stout & Company had grown from a mill producing 100,000 feet of lumber in 1830 to the greatest lumber corporation in the world turning out 5,706,602 feet of lumber. The company owned 115,000 acres of pine land and employed 1,200 men.

One of the area's most famous landmarks is in Menomonie, the Mabel Tainter Memorial Building, was built in 1890.

From these early beginnings, Menomonie has continued to grow and develop around the shores of beautiful Lake Menomin.

Jason Simonson's Blog Posts

Certifications

Jason specializes in Residential real estate, Farms, Mulit-Family, & Vacant Land. Servicing the Real Estate needs of Dunn County Wisconsin, and surrounding areas including Menomonie, Boyceville, Colfax, Downsville, Elk Mound, Spring Valley, & Elmwood. Jason Simonson is a professional that understands the industry, and positions himself to stay ahead of the game. He provides superior service & expertise. He consistently researches the market & property values, using innovative marketing & advertising techniques. Jason Simonson is also an Accredited Staging Professional. An E-Pro Realtor along with being green.                                                                                       

THE HISTORY OF DUNN COUNTY

Dunn County was formed out of a portion of Chippewa County on February 19, 1854. At that time it embraced all of the present Dunn and Pepin Counties. The "Seat of Justice" was to be located at Amos Collburn's at or near the ferry across the Red Cedar River near its mouth at Dunnville. The courthouse in Dunnville burned to the ground in October 1858. After several months of moving from place to place the county seat was moved to Menomonie on January 1, 1861.

Its name was derived from Charles Dunn, first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Wisconsin territory, appointed by President Andrew Jackson in 1835.

Caddie Woodlawn Park Jurisdiction over Dunn County has been claimed by four nations: Spain, France, England, and the United States. Its territory covers some 858 square miles. The ethnic background of its people is primarily German and Norwegian. Several historic sites of note include the Mabel Tainter Memorial, Wilson Place Museum, and the Dunn County Heritage Museum in Menomonie, the Caddie Woodlawn Roadside Park and the Empire in Pine lumbering museum in Downsville