Black Lake Homes for Sale, Northern Michigan Lakefront Property
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Black Lake is located in Cheboygan and Presque Isle counties in Northern Michigan. With a surface area of 10,130 acres (41 km²), it is the seventh largest inland lake in Michigan. The largest body of water in the Black River watershed, it drains through the Lower Black and Cheboygan Rivers into Lake Huron. Black Lake is a summer destination for many families from the suburban Detroit area and from other nearby states as well as residents of the neighboring town of Onaway.
Onaway State Park, at the southeastern end of the lake, offers camping, swimming and fishing. Its buildings, built during the Great Depression by the Civilian Conservation Corps, have been deemed eligible for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places.
Businesses on or near the lake include the Black River Marina, The Bluffs Restaurant and The 211 Outpost. Since the late 1960s, the United Auto Workers Union has maintained the Walter and May Reuther Family Education Center on the site of a former private estate.
Black Lake is noted for its unusual fishing season. A limited lake sturgeon ice fishing season is permitted in the winter. The fishery is limited to five total fish taken each year, each over 36 inches and taken through the ice with fishing spears. 25 anglers are chosen by lottery each day and given a flag to raise when they have caught a fish. When five flags have been raised the season is closed for the year. Seasons have lasted as little as a few hours.
- The early history of the area was dominated by lumbering and mining. The remains of a long-abandoned limestone quarry are still visible on the south shore of the lake.
- The Black Lake Association, founded in 1920, works to maintain the lake's water quality, to promote and improve its walleye and sturgeon fisheries, to keep its members informed about environmental issues that affect them, their property, and the lake itself, and to maintain a record of the lake's vital statistics.
- During the tornado outbreak of October 17, 2007, Black lake was impacted by an EF1 tornado that lasted 10 miles on the ground. No deaths were recorded, but a barn and some land was partially ruined in the wake.
You can be rest assured that you will get the help and attention to detail that you expect while you are working with Michigan Outdoor Properties to buy your Black Lake Home. We understand that you have worked hard for your money and now that you want to buy a recreational property, you want to find the best property available to meet your needs. We don’t take this task lightly and we will do everything we can to make this a very pleasurable experience for you.
Even if you don’t see the property you are looking for on our web sites, please give us a call. We have access and the expertise to find you the property you want. Here at Michigan Outdoor Properties We have access to all of the listing from around the state, and are willing to put in the time to find you exactly what you are looking for.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us whenever it is most convenient for you.
Dear seller, do you have property that needs the added benefits from using a specialty company like Michigan Outdoor Properties?
Here at Michigan Outdoor Properties, we are continually looking for unique pieces of property that we can offer to our Northern Michigan Lakefront Property clients. The number one criteria is that it is “Outdoor Recreational” orientated. We are looking for hunting land, equestrian type properties, Lakefront Homes and/or land, Riverfront Homes and/or land, cottages, cabins, etc to market.
Michigan Outdoor Properties L.L.C. was born out of a need for a place were customers like yourself could come and get help selling the Northern Michigan Lakefront Property that you own. We then went out and hired some of the best and most knowledgeable Real Estate Sales people we could find. What does that mean for you the seller you ask.
- Because we specialize in Recreational Properties, all of our marketing is focused on reaching individuals that are passionate about the outdoors.
- We have put together one of the most effective internet marketing campaigns for outdoor property in the market. We not only target the buyers here in the State of Michigan, we also target buyers from the entire US and the world for that matter.
- We continually analyze where our advertising dollars are spent and focus those dollars on the most effective advertising.
- You get local representation for your property because we are members of our local MLS service plus we are also members of two different state wide services allowing us to capture out of town buyers.
- Your property will also be listed on our various websites Northern Michigan Land For Sale and MichiganOutdoorProperties which have very good search results and traffic.
- We are constantly marketing our listings in local and national publications that target the Northern Michigan Lakefront Property buyers that want your property. We are targeting our buyers with rifle precision.
The beauty of this listing program is that is doesn’t cost you any more than if you listed your property with a local realtor. But, with us you get local coverage, because we are Michigan based Real Estate agents, and you also get the National coverage, because of the way we market your property.
Bob Foster and the Michigan Outdoor Properties Team
Thank you for taking the time to read our Blog. We hope we have the opportunity to help you with your next Northern Michigan Real Estate Transaction.